DIOR

Please remember to vote and comment on this episode.....

I heard mother knocking on the door, I was settled on my bed doing nothing actually.

I was just so unhappy today and I knew mom would be so worried so I just shut myself up in my room.

"Dior, why aren't you opening the door?" I heard mom asked.

I shut my eyes praying silently that mom would just go for now and let me be.

"Open the door now,"

I grumbled as I got up, unlocked the door.

She gazed at me suspiciously and then into my room," What were you doing?"

I knew what she was looking for, maybe I was with something to harm myself. At least, I no longer do that anymore.

I walked towards my bed and sat down quietly.

"Why didn't you open the door for me?" She asked with concern.

"I didn't know you were knocking, mom, "

"Anyone could hear me knocking, " Mom scowled.

"Mom, "

"Were you asleep?"

"No, I wasn't," I replied.

She sat down on my bed stroking her hand on my back.

"Are you okay?"

I managed to smile," Of course, ma."

It was like mom knew that smile was sad, she gave me a look that says it all.

"Dior, what's the problem?" She questioned again.

"Nothing ma, I promise you I am okay," I tried convincing her.

"You have been acting weird these days, is anything the matter?"

I stayed quiet.

"Dior, What is it?"

"Am fine mom, am supposed to be smiling, ain't I?" I said sadly.

"Am smiling now, why don't you believe am okay?"

"Because am your mother, I know behind that smile is a girl who is struggling to be sane," Mom's face lowered.

I bowed my head a little, sobbing silently.

"Mom raised my chin with her hand," Now, tell me what's wrong."

"I don't know ma, I should be happy right?"

She nodded in agreement, That's why I love confiding in mom, she understands me.

"Well, why ain't I? Am grateful for the fact that he has been punished but I thought that after getting Justice, I would be free from all this ma," I divulged wailing.

"It's like I don't know what freedom means anymore, I have struggled for years mother,"

"I blamed myself because I was the one dating him, I even blamed you for not being home that day," I tell her.

Mom shifted uncomfortably, I knew she still blamed herself.

"I had poor concentration in school for some time, I lost my confidence and the enthusiasm to study again, I became withdrawn and aloof that I almost lost my best friend, " I said.

"I tried so much to mentally recover from the assault but I was unable to, I was in distress ma,"

Mom had tears in her eyes as she hugged me," Am sorry for not being there, I really am."