16 | erin

"I just don't know what to do anymore

"I just don't know what to do anymore. She's constantly asking me for money and I'm done enabling her. I hate that not even a couple of months ago that was me. I couldn't see how much I was hurting the people I care about. She's spent my entire life making me feel so vulnerable and when I look at her, I just see the small child I used to be and I hate it. I just want to be free of grasp and not wonder if I'm ever going to be able to live my life." Erin ranted.

After everything Rhea had been through, she and Erin had gotten closer and even considered each other friends. It had come as a huge surprise to the rest of the team when they walked into Molly's together, laughing and giggling.

Rhea put her coffee down to look at her, "Do you want me to be honest or sugarcoat it to make you feel better?"

"Be honest with me, at this point I don't even care anymore." Erin sighed.

"You can't help someone that doesn't want to be helped but you can't enable her either. You are so much stronger than you give yourself credit for, especially after everything you have been through. Everyday is still a battle, a battle that you're fighting for your happiness and in order to get there, you need to cut off the people that bring you down. It sucks, I know but she's never going to change. Bonnie is selfish and only cared about her next score and the next man she'll bed. You deserve so much more than that so you need to close the door on her and open the door to your happiness. I understand she's your mum but a mother is supposed to protect her children and obviously she's failed at that. Walk away and choose yourself." Rhea spoke softly.

Erin bit her lip, "I just don't want to make the wrong choice."

Rhea shook her head, "Choosing yourself is never a wrong choice. At the end of the day, the only person that has any say over your life is you."

"Thank you for being honest with me."

"Anytime, Erin, Anytime."

"Seems like you've had an eventful day

"Seems like you've had an eventful day."

Rhea smiles as she cuddled closer to him when he sat down on the couch, "I did. I'm just glad I could help Erin, she isn't exactly surrounded by women that understand what she's going through and can offer the support she needs. I just really hope she listens to my advice and chooses herself."

Jay pressed a kiss to her head, "I think she did, at least that's what I got from Voight. She's moved house and even had a heart-to-heart with him. I'm glad she's doing better, makes it easier to be open and trusting with my partner."

"That's good. I'm glad she's doing better and your relationship with her is getting stronger. What do you want for dinner?" Rhea asked faintly.

Jay shook his head, "Actually, I wanted to ask if you'd go somewhere with me tonight?"

"Am I going to regret it?"

"I hope not."