17 | yes

"Jay, where are you taking me?"

He hadn't really given her much choice when he asked her to leave the house, only letting her put on her shoes and a coat. He then put a blindfold on her and the whole ride she had kept asking him where they were going, Jay even contemplated shutting her mouth somehow.

"Shhh," he spoke as he led her towards the designated area. He had never been so nervous in his life but he couldn't wait for what was ahead of them. This was the woman he wanted to spent the rest of his life with and he truly hoped that she felt the same way.

"Why did we stop?"

Jay stood behind her as he slowly took of the blind, "This is why."

"What is all of this?" Rhea asked faintly as she began to tear up and the tears really began to flow when she noticed Jay get down on one knee with a beautiful ring in his hand

Jay took a deep breathe, "You came into my life when I least expected it and I couldn't have been more grateful. You taught me the importance of family and loving myself, despite what other people are going through and that I can do some good if I put my mind to it.

Waking up everyday knowing that I would get to see your face, is how I want to spend the rest of my life. I want to joke around with you, cook dinner with you, show you off to my friends and go to sleep with you every night. I never thought marriage was for me but when you got kidnapped, I knew I wanted nothing more than to spend the rest of my life with you, I wanted to grow old with and have children. You make me wish for a better future, so I ask, Rhea Marie Simmons, will you marry me?"

"Yes, a million times yes."

THE END