Chapter Four

"Don't ever give up. Even if it's painful, even if it's agonizing, don't try to take the easy way out." 
Zenitsu Agatsuma

===(Chapter Four: Teaching the Basics)===

The sound of screams echoed throughout (Y/n)'s living room

It was now ten in the morning, both (Y/n) and Tanjiro were killing time by watching some horror movies in her humongous television. There were some snacks in the coffee table that they eat from time to time. Both of them were seated close to each other and a blanket was draped on both of their shoulders. The giant windows' blinds were shut and the lights were off making the whole room dimmer with only the television screen lighting up the spacious room.  

"Eeeek!" (Y/n) screeched after a witnessing a jump scare from the movie. Tanjiro merely flinched from it and started patting the scared female's back as means of comfort. "There, there (Y/n)-san." He cooed making (Y/n)'s fear escape her body ever so slightly. "Why did I even choose this movie." She whined while pouting. "And it's (Y/n), not (Y/n)-san." The burgundy haired male mumbled an apology from his small mistake.

The two of them had a conversation earlier about the male's way of addressing the female. (Y/n) insisted on being called by her first name only since she believed that there's no point on addressing her with such honorific. Tanjiro agreed to this however, he couldn't help but to slip up sometimes and call her with a '-san' by the end of her name.

A few minutes went by and the two of them run out of popcorn to eat. "Man we're out." (Y/n) informed while shaking the glass bowl. "I'll go get some more if you'd want." The red-eyed male offered but (Y/n) shook her head no. "Nope, not like you know how to make one anyway."

"Then teach me how so that you won't have to do that anymore." The Kamado stated which made a smile cross (Y/n)'s face.

Tanjiro really is persistent. Even though (Y/n) insisted for him to not worry about paying her back, he would still try to do so by doing small tasks for her. Well, it was either that or it was his natural kind nature or probably both. Either way, the (e/c) eyed female still felt happy and thankful for this small and sweet gesture of his.

"If you insist you cinnamon roll." She chuckled as she paused the movie. The red-eyed male was still curious on what the female meant by the word 'cinnamon roll' and why she kept calling him that, but decided to not question it for the mean time.

"To the kitchen we go!"

"Yes! To the kitchen we go!"

The two let shared a laugh as they proceeded to stand up and approach the kitchen. Their laughter soon ceased as they started the process of making a popcorn. "Alright so the first step in making one is to grab these kernels right here and place them here." (Y/n) grabbed the buttered kernels and placed them inside the bowl. "Make sure to not put too much though or else it'll cause a big problem." Tanjiro nodded his head as he made mental notes on what the female was doing and explaining.