四十九 | Yon Juu Kyuu

×-×-×-×

"You will think me cruel, very selfish, but love is always selfish; the more ardent, the more selfish. You must come with me, loving me, to death; or else hate me, and still come with me, and hating me through death and after."

- Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu, Carmilla (1872)

×-×-×-×

×-×-×-×

— Lisa grit her teeth in frustration, a small droplet of sweat was forming on her forehead as she continues to grind the handcuff chain on the bedpost. It was kind of a relief how the bedpost was made of wood so grinding the chain on it like a saw could possibly break the wood.

Okay, it may not be a good plan – but hey, she was trying alright?

Crap... Lisa mentally cursed, the cuffs were digging on her wrist and she could see her skin turning a bright shade of red. Her wound was also throbbing, no doubt it would bleed again. The blonde doesn't pay it any mind, her full concentration was placed entirely on trying to break free from the bedpost.

The blonde counted the time from when Jennie left the room, Lisa was grinding the cuffs for about five minutes now and she estimates that Jennie left ten minutes ago. The blonde thinks that this may take a while, especially since she still feels quite weak.

"This is not a good plan. This is not a good plan." Lisa chanted like a mantra, but her arms were still grinding on the bedpost. This is honestly a stupid idea, she barely even scratched the surface of the wood yet.

After about thirty seconds of grinding, Lisa finally gave up and slumped bad in bed– releasing another frustrated groan while breathing heavily on her nose. The blonde looked up the ceiling, squinting her hazel eyes as she quietly murders the light oak wood boards on top of her.

Lisa's eyelids felt heavy, she was feeling very drowsy. It may be because her body still felt frail and sore so her brain is telling her to just close her eyes an sleep. But how could she peacefully fall asleep when she's practically bound in a wolf's den?

The blonde blinked her hazel eyes a few times so she wouldn't doze off, Lisa sleepily sighed to herself— she moved her shackles again, only because she wanted to be in a comfortable position. But it's practically useless, the Thai wasn't just gonna silently suffer with her aching arm until stupid (psychotic) Jennie finally returns.

It was a few seconds later when Lisa felt her stomach rumble, calling out to her that she was very hungry. Now the blonde remembers Jennie's words, where the feline eyed girl told the blonde that Lisa slept for an entire day.

Then that means it's Wednesday today? Lisa mentally asked herself as she looked up to the ceiling again, Has classes started again?

But then the blonde remembers the chase from the previous night, it was when she bursted out of the forest and she saw an awful lot of yellow police tape across the school borders. That could only mean that somehow, the police were here and aware of the dead body. Then it's highly plausible that if the students were to return back to class, then they would see all those police tapes and conclude that something sinister may have happened.