Chapter 32

Hi! I recommend listening to this song for this chapter!❤️
———————————————————————————

         Who the fuck is that? I get out and wrap and tie the robe around me. As I'm unlocking the door the person starts to knock again. So I fling the door open "Fucking hell what do you wa-" as the words get stuck in my mouth, I see who it is. He did-

Ashton POV

As I drop Calum off and watch him sulk inside. Her words replay in my head.. and like a ton of bricks hit me I knew. This is so fucking wrong but honestly fuck it. I rush inside and start throwing shit into a bag. Quickly purchasing the ticket as I start up the car. I call Luke but he doesn't answer, "Hey mate something came up and I've got to go for a few days. See ya when I get back." I leave the voicemail and throw my phone into my bag and floor it to the airport. Dear god pls no one recognize me, I readjust my hat and sunglasses. I rush to board the plane as I get seated I realize I don't know which hotel she's in. Shit, I text her and ask her as reference for hell if I fucking know. But she texts me back telling me which one.
I let out of a sigh of relief. As the plane takes off I suddenly realize what I'm doing. Fuck this is so fucked up. I'm flying across the country following my best friends girlfriend. Actually why didn't he come with her? She's only looking at other artwork and working on her own..So why didn't he come? Unless..No fucking way she didn't tell him. Well now I feel like I'm intruding on her alone time..but as the plane lands. I can't really back out now. God I haven't even thought about what I'm going to say to her. Shit shit. Uuhhh Hey Em didn't know you would be here? What am I fucking idiot. This is by far the stupidest shit I've done.
As I stare face to face with the door to her room. I start to back out, I can't do this. I've come so far though..i don't even realize I'm doing it but I start knocking on the door..nothing. So I knock again and the door is swung open. "Fucking hell what do you wa-" Em starts as we stare at each other. I- fuck. Was she just uh in the um shower or something? I cant help but stare at her as she stares at me. We both open our mouths, shit. "Ashton" she says and I smile "Hey Em" she looks around me and ushers me inside. "What uh- how?" She says and then she looks down "SHIT uuuhhh lemme just change real quick" she says and grabs some clothes and rushes into the bathroom. I look at all the art laying around but the one on the easel catches my eyes. It's my sunflowers. She painted the sunflowers? She walks out of the bathroom, oh fuck. "I'm sorry Em. I shouldn't have come, I just- I just. I kept on replaying your words in my head and I just bolted to get here. I know you probably wanted time to yourself. Fuck I'm a fool." I say and she shakes her head. Walking over to me she reaches up and touches my face. My heart freezes hell I think I stopped breathing entirely. As she leans in closer to me...

Ema POV

"Looks like we get that road trip after all wel more like plane trip" I say into his ear and I back up, taking him in. Fuck does he look good but I think he's breathed since I grabbed his face. I snap my fingers in front of his face and comes too. "Yeah we do. Uhh also uh do you mind if I sleep in here? I didn't reserve a room or anything" he says and I smile "Of course. You can take one of the beds. I got 2 twins so I can hold my art on the other. Yes I know that's stupid I don't wanna hear it." I say, he hold his hands up and laughs. Out of one of his bags he pulls out an acoustic guitar. "I- you brought a guitar?" I ask and he smiles "It was in my car, night as well bring it" he says and I smile. "Hey Ash I wanna show you something, pick up that easel and come out here." I say and he does, also bringing his guitar. I take the easel from him and set up, making sure I have a clear view of the city. "So what are we doing out on the balcony?" He asks and I smile "I wanted to paint out here and I'm making you sit with me. It's nice to have company when I'm painting." I say and he smiles "I love watching you paint. I could sit here for hours." I smile and start painting. This is nice..it's not awkward silence. It's serene and calming. Having someone there with me... I don't feel alone. The silence is broke by him strumming a few chords but as they become more prominent I know the song. Stellar. He's doing an acoustic version of Incubus's Stellar...I can't help but stop my painting and sing along with him. He pauses for a second when he hears my voice but picks up the pace.

Meet me in outer space
I will hold you close
If you're afraid of heights
I need you to see this place
It might be the only way
That I can show you how it feels to be inside of you

We sing together as he carries on the rest of the song. As I take on the next part

How do you do it?
Make me feel like I do
How do you do it?
It's better than I ever knew
How do you do it?
Make me feel like I do

I sing, looking into his eyes. Time doesn't even feel like a thing anymore. All I can see is him and with the song coming to a close we sing the last few lines

You are stellar
You are stellar

We drag out as we're now standing right in front of each other. He puts his guitar down and runs his hand through my hair "Em I-" he starts but cuts hisself off. "What is it Ash?" I ask and he looks behind me "Your painting- Uh is slipping" he says and I spin around. Fuck it is. I know that's not what he was trying to say though. I wish he would just say it. Who am I to speak though..when the words I want too say are stuck on the top of my tongue...

Ashton POV

      Fuck me mate. I almost fucked up even more. But in that moment..all I could see was her not. Not her as Calum's girlfriend. I shouldn't have ran my hands threw her hair. So soft and smells so good. Oh what the fuck am I talking about. I sit here and watch as she finishes her painting. I watch as her hair flows in the wind..I know it's bothering her but she can't stop what she's doing. I want to so badly put her hair up for her but then I'd be crossing the line..again. She finishes and says "I'm going to bed Ash..Goodnight" as she puts everything away she gets into the bed next to mine and I do the same. So now I just lay here staring at the ceiling. I think this hurts even more, than before. Being in the same room as her but yet so far.
      She's so close I could reach out from my bed and touch her. I won't though that's fucked. As I start to drift off, Em starts tossing. "Em?" I call out, nothing. I sit up as she starts whispering. I- is she okay? I get up and sit down, her arms shoot out grab my arms. "Please" she whispers out letting go of my arms. So now I lay here holding Lem...I've never felt so conflicted. This feels wrong but also so right. I'm sorry Calum I really am, but I don't regret coming here...