Chapter 5: 'Smoking Hot' Was An Understatement

Luke's POV:-

I open my locker and put my worksheets in. I'm not in a mood to deal with them right now. I'll finish it tomorrow before class since it's just a few numericals. I know my way pretty well around numbers.

I check my phone. We are not allowed to bring phones, but there are certain perks of being in school's popular list. Nobody dares to complain, because they obviously don't want to get on the bad side. Also teachers sort of adore me, since I'm the most reasonable among the five. Also the fact that, I don't talk back and am good at studies.

My social media is flooding with messages. I rarely reply to any, because I'm a lazy ass. There is one new private message though. I open it.

'Hey, why did you leave the party? Meet me after school near bleachers. Ava XOXO'

WTF?! Who gave my number to her, and doesn't she take hints, that I am not at all interested in her. Fuck no, I'm not going to meet her. I got better things to do.

"Om-Gee.. He looks so adorable today. Look at those biceps!" some girls whispers behind me.

I shake my head, biting back a smile. Max will be proud to hear this. He's literally our gym instructor. The dude himself is like a hulk and he becomes like man possessed in gym. Above that, he makes sure that each one of us work out regularly. Considering the amount of fights we get in, the work out is actually very necessary. I mainly go to gym, to blow off some steam and feel relaxed.

"Bro, what are you doing after school?" Dylan asks leaning against one of the lockers, winking at someone behind me.

I was originally planning to go to library, because I had spotted a new book on programming. But after reading that text, I feel like this Ava girl would probably sniff me out if I stay back.

So I say, "Nothing."

"Great, so you are coming with me and Ian. Meet us in the parking lot after school. Don't. Be. Late."

"What?"

The bastard just winks and runs off.

...........

"This is a bad idea. I'm going home."

"No Lukey, you are our shield. You must stay." I have Ian holding my one arm and Dylan holding my other to prevent me from leaving which I desperately want to.

"You guys, are stupid. You have lost your will, to keep your balls stuck to your body" I say struggling and trying to shake them off.

"Stay still" Ian scolds. "And seriously, you expect us to stay quiet after hearing about Max's mystery sister, about whom he never ever talked about" Ian states like its common sense.

"You can wait, and meet her when she comes to school" I reply.

"Now, where's the fun in that" Dylan says smirking. "Plus, I want to rile Max up. He was being ridiculously protective about her."

"Hey Dylan, your mom is super hot. Can I get her number?" I muse.

"Dude what the hell!" Dylan looked like he could kill. I raise a knowing eyebrow at him. He realizes what I did and mutters, "Touché."

Max was borrowing Alex's car to pick his sister from airport. Dylan had spare keys to Alex's car, so the plan was to say that, they had to go to some other town. Since Max needs to go to airport, he will have to take them with him first. I am being forced into this, so that their lie looks genuine and if things got out of hand, I would prevent Max from ripping their throats off, which I highly doubt I would. I might in fact, help Max and hand him a chainsaw.