08 | pregnancy

"Forever meant nothing when we had nothing."
- Deptford Goth

3 August 2018

Riley

Monday rolled by and so did Tuesday.Today was Wednesday and I caught a flu.So,here I was,on my comfortable bed,laying like a dead corpse while chipping my biscuits.

Yeah,I was in the process of curing myself since my parents don't give a damn fuck about my health -- nor about me.

I was supposed to pick up Zoe this morning but since I am sick as fuck,
I asked Kyle to pick her up,lying that I was out of town so that they didn't come to my house only to get kicked in the ass by the new bodyguards my parents just recruited and whom they instructed not to let anyone in "except family."

Isaac had been nagging me endlessly during these past few days to go on a date with him but of course,I refused.
A girl can't accept to go on one after one single kiss,right?

Yes,I liked Isaac but we just kissed and weren't even dating,yet,I supposed.
I picked up my phone from my nightstand as the familiar ringing sound was heard.

Speaking of the devil.

"Ry?Where are you,love?" he questioned with a smooth voice.

"I'm out of town," I sniffed.

Oh fuck.Why did I have to sniff?

"Are you...okay?" he questioned with an eerie and indecisive tone.

"Um, why wouldn't I?" Cough.Holy Molly Dracomolly.

"Riley... Are you sick?" he asked with a glint of humor noticeable in his voice.

"No!" I denied.

"You are sick.No need to lie to me, your future husband!" I couldn't help but laugh at his words. He was so goofy.

"Sure thing."

The call proceeded with me avoiding to talk about me being sick and Isaac annoying me incessantly(again).

"Fine, yeah, I am sick...I didn't want to tell y'all so that you don't come to my house and get kicked in the ass by my parents' new bodyguards!"

"Simple,baby, so simple not to lie."

An hour later,the call abruptly ended, leaving me confused.Maybe the bell rang?

"Come in," I replied as a faint knock was heard on my door. Kira,one of the eldest maids,come in.

"Miss, your mother ordered that you
come straight to her office," she said with a forced smile.Kira perhaps knew the way I was treated in this stupid house.

Getting my lazy corpse out of bed, I managed to take a shower and dressed into a pair of black ripped boyfriend jeans and a beige tank top, paired with my signature combat boots.I put my leather jacket on before heading to my mother's office building.

The drive there was unusually annoying.I spent every five minutes coughing uncontrollably.

I rolled my eyes as I parked my car in the curb of the familiar building.The edifice was painted in a white colour, leaving people the impression of a mental asylum.

"Riley Hills,daughter of Nicole Hills,"
I politely stated to the receptionist who was badly dressed,by the way.She was wearing a red blouse with a yellow skirt.

Very contrasting... and ugly.

"You're the daughter of the CEO?" the girl mocked, pretending to wipe her non-existent tears.