03.

*·˚ Venice.

     Café, as defined by the dictionary, is a small restaurant selling light meals and drinks. It is usually a small and informal establishment serving various refreshments— such as tea and coffee.

      La Café Mémoire, located at the heart of the city of Levanter, is a cafe where brokenhearted visitors can leave an item on the shelves that serves as a symbol of them moving on. La Café Mémoire? That's the place where you work and help out your mother whenever you have free time, knowing that you were still a college student who aspires to be a writer someday.

      You stood in the middle of the café your mother had owned for a duration of two years, with you seen there, wiping off a couple of tables before guests could come in once again in order to buy their drinks and decide to stay for a while.

      And in that given moment, you couldn't help but think about a series of disarrayed thoughts that were only accessible to yourself, concepts flowing in your mind.

      Cars, sirens, honking, and laughter. The sounds of the morning city buzzed around the environment, and yet none of them reached your ears. You had concluded to block it out, especially now that you were preoccupied in dwelling about the little things that's occurring in your twenty-one years of being alive and breathing.

     Venice Mnemosyne Choi, that's who you were. The only daughter of a single mother, currently a struggling college student who's majoring in Literature.

     You are known to be a lively, a talkative, and a clumsy girl to almost everyone around you, but despite what most people think, you make sure to be actually very dependable and hardworking, particularly when needed. Additionally, you're very inquisitive in almost everything, and has always been drawn to stories ever since you were a kid, hence the reason why you chose becoming a writer as your profession in the near future.

     But, what's more to that?

     What was the sole explanation as to why you chose to work on your mother's café rather than spending your time at home to rest and do other productive agendas?

     Well, you possess an ability to learn the history of an object just by simply touching them.

     Yes, you.

     You can learn the history of an object just by touch, and your ability can only be activated once all five fingers of either hands of yours are placed on the surface of the given item.

     Time will stop for you (and only for you) as you put yourself in the process, and from there, you'll start to see the most recent owner's memories through their eyes and seek out the root of their heartache.

     You won't see every single moment that the past owner spent with the item, but you will be able to perceive the most relevant memories— the ones that made them choose to leave them on the shelf.

     And since your ability basically lets you relive a fragment of the owner's life, you get to feel everything that the owner felt during the times they had made the encounter with the object. It is indeed tough to go through all of this, but as time passed by, you have been getting better at coping with the overwhelming emotions, but there would still be scenarios where you end up crying to yourself, caused by the stories you get to experience.

      Now, your thoughts had been cut off when you heard the call bell coming from the counter of the café, indicating that the preparation of drinks for some the customers are already done and already needs to be served to them.