AT THE SAME CAFE...

AT THE SAME CAFÉ...

That was the agony of my existence. I can't live in sexual desire and entertainment. I cannot allow my emotions to overflow. I cannot, most of all, risk my life by sending those letters. The key was always on my chest, the chest was always kept safe and hidden.

It was Saturday, and Sophia and I had planned to go to the mall. I hated publicity, traffic and I don't know...people? I hated uncontrolled noises and unstill atmospheres.

But Sophia insisted. Mom thought I stayed too much indoors so she saw it fit to go with Sophia to the mall. She even gave us some money for shopping.

"Jeremiah was in your letters as well..." Sophia said as we drove to the mall.

I sighed. "Yeah...so?"

"You know him better than anyone else from those letters."

"Doesn't mean anything, Sophia. Let it go."

"Jeremiah would never hurt you...he's different."

"And that's a good thing?"

"Take it this way: a same typical guy that you're used to will treat you like a usual. A different guy may treat you differently."

"Is that one of your theories and philosophies?" My eyes rolled.

"It's logic, Adrian."

As anyone would think, we were two girls picking up every sweater and jeans we could find. We ran up and down the mall looking for specifics. I was having fun as well, oblivious of the crowd that surrounded me. At some point, we even fought over a male sweater which was the last pair.

We entered in a café that was in the mall for some refreshments.

"Can we please have two lattes?" Sophia sought as the waiter wrote down the order."

"Coming right up" The waiter left us.

"So why specifically this café? We could've went to our favourite." I looked at her.

"Our favourite is outside town, Adrian. Besides, this is still a café too right?" She said so blankly.

"I guess so...hey, have you..."

"HEY!!..."

Someone tapped Sophia's shoulder. I wasn't familiar with him, but he and Sophia seemed like good friends. After the melodramatically long hug, someone approached me from behind. I looked at him concisely. Upon realizing his face, the blood on my face sank right down to my feet.

It was Jeremiah Simone, the second-last crush I've ever had. He had more swag since the last time I noticed him closely. His hair for once was well combed into a neat curly afro and he had gained some muscle. He looked healthier than ever. His skin was perfectly toned, a beautiful brown shade with golden eyes to finish.

I was nervous. Angry, actually. Sophia asked about Jeremiah Simone so as to back-stab me like this?

"Adrian?" Jeremiah's voice squeaked in excitement.

"Jeremiah..."

I extended my hand to him. He furrowed his eyebrow, looked into my eyes as if he could see the anxiety in my eyes and laughed at it from the inside. I got more nervous. He opened both his arms. The hug...that was what I was trying to avoid.

I had finally decided to hug him. His cologne stung my nostrils, it coiled my intestines to a knot. His hug wasn't hesitant or held back. He instead, engulfed me like a blanket. I didn't want to stop, he didn't as well.