CAIN

CAIN

So why exactly did I spare Gabriel's life? What exactly made Niall so powerful and jurisdictional over Ben, Gabriel, Calvin and many others but most especially Cain?

I knew why. But still, it didn't make sense as to why exactly he had everyone in bondage. Could he have been that acrimonious and cold at heart? But what led him to that? What made him more powerful than Cain, because Cain was the most feared, ruthless and formidable kid in the entire school from everyone's opinion including mine.

But what made him that way? Why did he feed of people's fears?

Not only he was a bully, but allegedly a murderer who was always known, ever since elementary school, to carry weapons such as pistols and daggers.

Niall on the other hand, was the teacher's pet who had always been a good student and a socialite. This was elementary school, until not because of Clever Cats and anything that had to do with the transition from elementary to high school that changed him into a sinister murderer, but it was, as I've said, the day I came out that changed everything.

Flashback:

"You're shaking." Alan looked at me on the driver's side outside his car. I had just gotten out of the car, ready to walk into the Clever Cats building. This was two days later after I had come out to my parents by introducing him, Alan, to my parents. We all know how that went.

He walked to my side, as various students stared with widened eyes at us. He held my trembling right hand and held it firmly. Alan too was scared, as it was the first and only time owning up to his sexuality so publicly, that is being bisexual. But of course, most minds thought Alan was bi.

We walked inside the building and everyone stared, as almost every student was in the locker corridor. I saw the awe or utter shock from my friends' eyes. Gabriel expressionless, Ben disgusted, William disturbed as to why we were holding hands. Sophia had a wide smile, Mia too. Craig's eyes were about to pop out of his eyes, Jeremiah too but out of pretence, I assumed. Jeremiah knew me too well to at least suspect such a thing could happen: that I was gay.

Many stared, some took their phones out to record. No one, at all, looked happy or happier than Sophia. But the majority reaction was disappointment that Alan, the famous, beautiful boy happens to be "gay" and me being gay in general and how exactly would he fall for a weirdo like me.

In the middle of the corridor, he paused to turn to me. We now held each other's hands.

He sighed and smiled. "Are you afraid?" He whispered.

"Aren't you?"

He looked around with a smile, mostly females gave him a funny stare before storming away. He shrugged as he looked back into my eyes. "Naaah."

I scoffed a little before looking back into his eyes. He really wasn't afraid, only I was. I thought the paranoia came from my crippling mind, until Cain passed by. Alan smiled at him, as they were friends. "My man...Cain."

"FAGGOT!" Cain passed him as he stormed to the cafeteria.

His face changed a bit, but tried to hide it from me with a mild smile. "I'll see you after class." He, unanticipatedly, kissed my partly opened lips. I wanted to slap him for the unnecessary attention he brought to us.

"FAGGOTS...FAGGOTS...FAGGOTS!!!" a chant started from a few female students, until almost everyone joined in. They clapped as they said the words. I could see the fright in his eyes too. I looked at Ryan Hunter, he also cheered. Niall, Calvin, Mason, Ben, Sebastian, almost everyone who I considered to be a friend. Now, against me.