A BOOK THAT NEVER ENDS

"I hear you, son. I'll make arrangements for her to get to meet you." David said over the phone.

"Are you really going to be gone for an entire week? If you have my car keys, then who's taking me to school?" My eyes rolled.

"It's business, you don't wanna know." He sighed. "And Gabriel will be driving you."

"So Gabriel is my chauffeur now?"

"Your hand is damaged, son. You need to take it easy. Besides and technically, you can't be alone. Driving alone, especially."

"So you trust Gabriel for my safety? He can't even guard the door!"

"Yes, I do. It's high time you try and build that trust with him too. He's changed a lot."

"Alejandro, on the other hand..." My eyes rolled.

"What did he do?"

"He keeps on treating me like a patient. We had to convince and get a straight-jacket to prove that I won't be doing anything stupid to mom. I just want to have a last talk with her before..." I trailed off.

"Before what, son?"

"Nothing dad. I just need to talk to her, give her closure and move on with my life mutually. But Alejandro doesn't understand that. He doesn't even let me roam around the house alone. He's always behind me, LITERALLY, until I get to my room. When Craig slept over..."

"HE WHAT?!" Dad yelled.

"No, I can explain. He was having one of his episodes."

"What episodes?"

"Craig...has had a gruesome childhood experience and...I'm the only one who can actually calm him down. He fails to control his anger, but unlike Jeremiah, his rage can lead to dangerous harm to himself and others so...as weird as it sounds, he has a soft spot. Literally."

"His balls?" David chuckled afterwards.

"Eew, no dad! His head. If you caress his head, his vein that grows in the middle of his forehead when he's enraged...he calms down and he always falls asleep. I understand it, but Alejandro doesn't. I've known Craig for years and I know how to deal with him."

"He falls asleep? Like a hypnosis?"

"Something like that. I too don't know how it works."

"You know what it sounds like to me?" He laughed softly.

"Please, don't say it!" I reprimanded.

"YOU'RE CRUSHING ON HIM, AND HE'S IN IT TOOOOO!" He chuckled. "You're the only one, in this world probably, who can calm him down. The same man who caught your enemy and brought them right to your feet. Unlike Benjamin, he still remained loyal to you. Son, you deserve better and I've studied Craig ever since the both of you have become friends since...I don't know...freshman year? I noticed that the boy can't help himself around you." I could see his smile over the phone.

"Gabriel...I can't just do all these..."

"Son, you need to let go of Gabriel and a one night stand. It was sex. Your life can't pause because 'it's Gabriel'. Gabriel probably has a crush on someone else, seeing someone like Craig. But tell me, son...you're into Craig and Alejandro? At the same time?"

"Okay, I have to admit...this conversation is getting weird but frankly...I see more chances of dating or getting to...know Craig better than I already do..."

"You mean date and fuck at some point." He sighed. "Right! Carry on."

"Uhm...yeah." I was so awkwarded out having such a conversation with my father like this. "I see that with Craig more than I do with Alejandro." I hung my legs upwards the wall, with my back on the bed.