Chapter 3

"Welcome back!" Paul said lightheartedly "Come on, my dear, let's wash dem muddy paws.."

I stood up in front of the car, hands in front of me and he looked at me "Oh.." he thought for a bit "Will you be ready in say, an hour, an hour and a half?"

"Sure.." I said  "..but you said you're busy tonight, didn't you?"

"Yep. Busy going out with you"

I shivered.
"You said you're busy before askin' if I'm free.." I lifted my eyebrow in suspicion

"Eh..Something told me you'd say yes" he smirked at me and I just couldn't look at his eyes anymore

"Alright, see you soon" I waved "Uhm..where should I come?"

"Where you were this morning is where you live, I suppose? Be there, I'll come."

"Sure." I started walking but turned around, once again "You never hinted where we're going? What should I wear?"

"Molly Mo.." he shook his head and snickered "..stop overthinking, wear something cozy or whatever you fancy.."

Beep - beep!

A buzzer sound caught my attention, snapping me back to reality. I looked through the window, Paul leaning against a cab car, smoking a cigarette, waiting for me.  He was wearing a very nice white suit with a pink button-up shirt.

Get it together, Maureen.

I locked the door and looked at him,  taking a final whiff of his cigarette

"Heavens to Betsy, you look dishy!" his eyes widened

"Ha, well, thank you" I giggled awkwardly "You don't look bad yourself"

We stopped in front of a big building and I already knew where all this is heading

"Panoramic 34..you never mentioned we're coming here, I'm dressed so damn casually"

He smirked and looked at me
"Mo, shush."

We entered a beautiful hall, everything looked so exquisite and I was totally not dressed up properly for this place.

We sat next to the window, the view was breathtaking and it was my first time being here since I'm not really a social butterfly, therefore I hardly ever visit such places.

He pulled the chair for me so I can sit.
"That was unnecessary but thank you, very kind of you," I said

"That was totally necessary and no need to thank," he winked

Why is he acting like this? Politeness?

Paul ordered chicken and rice with sauce and I ordered some parmesan potato wedges and a green salad plus we both agreed on chardonnay.

"Vegetarian?" he smiled at me

"Not really but mostly... I can't get my head around the fact how those poor animals are slaughtered..human beings are awful, really.."

"Hm..you've got a point but we're predators, Molly, it's inevitable, y'know?"

"Yes..the wolf can't just switch eating potatoes instead of meat, but you can" I lifted my eyebrows

"You're very persuasive y'know" he cackled, "I might go home a vegetarian"

"Then it will be mission accomplished" I smirked