Chapter 15

"You'll be late for your own funeral, waitin' for ye open the door five minutes already! Told ye, give me a key, what if something happens and no one can enter the house? Making me brake yer window"

"Father and his great haste! Scared me ass bangin' on the door"

"Better to wear out than to rust out."

"What happens?"

"Brother gave you this, I'll go to auntie Gin now"

"Letter?"

"Invitation"

"Eh?"

"Ye'll see. Alright, will go"

"Hang on a mo"

At that moment I heard him climbing the stairs and opening the door.

"Father is here, want you two to meet," he said smiling slightly

"Paul, look at me, no" I said, shaking my head

"Hush. Just shaking yer hands, smiling, that's all"

I looked at him and sighed. We both went downstairs and his father was looking at me with curiosity. He was pretty neatly dressed, wearing a long coat and a walker hat.

"This is Molly, Maureen, me girl" Paul said, wrapping his arm around my shoulders

I extended my hand and smiled "Pleased to meet you"

"Jim McCartney," he said, shifting his eyes to Paul "She's a gorg"

"'Course she is," Paul said, looking at me. I smiled, melting inside. His father was so kind, yet I just met him.

"Will go now," Jim said "Come home for a cuppa sometime, you two"

"Will. C'ya"

Paul closed the door and turned around, facing me "See? My father doesn't bite. But I do.."

He wrapped his hands around the small of my back, kissing me softly, biting my lower lip just before he took a step back, now holding my hand
"Let's go back upstairs.."

"Oh, I can't..I have to go home, I have to finish all the things I avoid finishing these days"

"No, you won't.."

"Yes I will," I said, lifting my eyebrow "..last thing on my list is to get fired"

"That's the point, Mo, told ye to ditch that job, it's boring"

"Won't happen right now" I said, putting my shoes on

"Makin' me suffer, y'know?"

"Highly doubt it.." I said, frowning jokingly

Then he glued his body to mine and I felt what he meant by "suffer". Quite literally.

"I'm sorry," I said, cracking a smile "I really have to go.."

The phone rang the moment I entered my house. I locked the door and heaved a sigh, walking towards it.

"Y'know what will call some mates, won't be a party but a small little gathering with close pals, I want you here"

This man already made a plan for the day while I was simply crossing the street. Typical Paul.

"Where did that idea come from now" I laughed "..look I'd love to but I really have much work here"

"C'ya at 7!" he said cheerfully