Chapter 3

And the absolute thrill is boiling in me.

Cee's POV

I've never felt so vulnerable in my whole life. Every little thing just made me so damn emotional. I wanted to scream away the pain. I wanted to drown myself with my tears. I wanted to break down in front of my pack members, because the happiness they radiate hurt me so much.

I just don't know how to deal with the fact that I--

"Alpha, these are the papers regarding the unofficial pack. A review of it must be made to finalize the decision of accepting their help and so, basically, you'll need to sign it." Chris handed me the papers with a small smile. I internally sighed. Can't exactly abandon these alpha responsibilities.

I nodded, but when he continued to give me that small smile (which was becoming rather creepy), I asked him, "Is there more?" and raised an eyebrow at him.

He squirmed and hesitated under my gaze but thought the better of it. "Well, since Alpha Kart instructed the Betas to review the papers, he also told us that we might want to discuss it with our Alphas. And I really need to discuss it with you." He fidgeted uneasily.

I nodded slowly. "Of course, go on." I urged. He took a moment to take a deep breath and let it out shakily. Just what is wrong with this guy, I'm about to know.

"As you know, the unofficial pack has a free lifestyle, therefore, their lack of a permanent residence is obvious."

"Yeah, and your point?" I sighed.

"For some reason, Alpha Kart assigned us to let the unofficial pack settle in our territory during their stay. Preferably, in the pack mansion," he let out a relieved sigh and waited for my reaction.

It took me a whole minute to process his words. I scowled at Chris and he flinched in response. "Alpha, since it was decided for Alpha Kart to take charge in regards to this matter, you will have to discuss it with him, especially since you seem to dislike the idea."

"Dislike is not even the right term for what I'm feeling." I dead-panned.

The hell? Just what is wrong with him? I slammed my fist on the table angrily. I dialled Alpha Kart's landline and after one ring, he answered the call.

"This is Alpha Kart on--"

"Alpha Kart, in what name of bloody heat-stroked kangaroos made you make my residence as the unofficial pack's temporary home? This wasn't a part of the discussion during the meeting!" I snarled.

I'm literally seeing his happy face on the other side of the line and the thought just heightens my annoyance. "Good day, Alpha Vidgens," he greeted calmly, "Regarding that issue, why don't we meet up and discuss it together?" He offered. I'm not so ambitious that I make stupid assumptions but that clearly translates to a date in his girl-getter dictionary.

"I'm sorry, but I have no time to discuss it in person," I declined, "Anyways, why does it have to be my territory? It could've been yours. You are handling them so I don't understand the reason for this."

He sighed. "I'm really sorry, Alpha Vidgens. Their need of a temporary residence was very sudden that I had no choice but to rely on you. You have a larger territory than mine, so I am going to have to pass with the idea of letting them stay in my territory."

I tightened my grip on the telephone. "Alpha Kart. The size of the territory doesn't matter. Either large or small, the pack house is where they'll be staying, am I right? So, please. I have no intention of letting them stay in my house, even temporarily." I knew I was being selfish, but I don't think I can handle adjusting to this unofficial pack for the time being.