IV

A few days later Izuku was staring at the blooming cherry blossoms. He was allowed outside a lot when he could walk and promised to use the emergency call button. Today he wanted to sit in the garden near the new blossoms.

Shoto would spend every lunch with him which was nice and reduced the feelings of loneliness. No matter how much he tried Deku couldn't stop thinking about the kiss he had with Katsuki. The other male ran out soon after their lips touched and Izuku had no time to process what had happened between the two. He was left to wonder how long his childhood friend liked him or if he even did.

"Izuku?" Shoto said snapping Deku out of his thoughts.

He couldn't focus on the conversation that the two males were previously having. He felt really embarrassed as he knew he was supposed to be able to be there for Shoto when he needed it as Shoto does the same for him. He was sure the conversation was about his parents because childhood trauma takes a long time to unpack.

"Sorry, Shoto, I was daydreaming." Izuku said sofly and smiled sweetly.

He rubbed the back of his neck to focus on something other than the male he knew he had a small crush on. Shoto had gotten up and picked up a cherry blossom that had fallen off the tree. He looked back to the other male.

"What's on your mind?"

Shoto made his way back to the bench the two of them were sitting on together.

"Nothing to worry about."

Shoto sighed softly and held a cherry blossom. "Izuku, I have something to tell you."

"What's up Shoto?" He asked and looked to him curiously.

Shoto gently took Izuku's hand and placed the delicate cherry blossom in his hand. The words that would come out of Shoto's mouth next would make everything more complicated.

"I like you."