VI

Shoto and his bento box came to the bad news first. Izuku decided that outside in the warm sun was the best way to break the horrible news.

"Hello, Izuku." Shoto said as he made his way to the bench with his lunch.

Izuku looked tired like he had not slept for days and he was struggling to even speak.

"I have to tell you something, Shoto, and it has nothing to do with your feelings towards me." he said quickly.

"What is it Izuku?" Shoto's face twisted softly in confusion.

"I'm dying, the treatment isn't working. We are just waiting out my time." he said softly with tears in his eyes.

Shoto held the other male's face and gently wiped away his tears as he said. "I'm going to kiss you now, okay?"

Deku nodded softly as their lips connected and he felt the whole world shift in the same way it felt when he kissed Kacchan.

Later that day he had to see Bakugo and tell him as well.

"What's wrong, Deku? Are you scared I'm beating you in all of our classes?" he teased playfully while sitting down next to the male in the hospital room.

Deku smiled sadly. This made Katsuki shift in his seat and sit upright. He felt nervousness wash over him.

"Okay, nerd, seriously, what's wrong?" He asks and watch as Izuku prepared for what he had to say.

"I don't want to dart around the truth. The treatments aren't working. Kacchan, I'm dying."

Only a soft "no" could be heard before the sounds of choked sobs filled Deku's hospital room.