i. thankful

thanksgiving was a day to be thankful, but frankly i couldn't give a shit. what did i have to be grateful for? oh thanks for locking me in a mental hospital for my whole childhood, making a damn stick figure chase after me and kill all of my friends! yep. fantastic.

i sighed as i got out of the bathroom, after showering, getting dressed, and doing everything i had to do. i moved back into my old apartment and everything's been okay, i got a decent job and nothing crazy is going on. the seizures never stopped, but the constant violent coughing did for sure.
all week long id work at a coffee shop, not starbucks big but still pretty big. i got payed enough to pay bills and stuff so it was good. guess there's that to be thankful for.

i talked with a few people there too, didn't actually make an friend though, not since jay. not since alex. not since-
anyways still there was this one girl, Jem was her name? she kept bugging me. she obviously wasn't straight due to her asking every girl where they got their boots or if they listened to girl in red (which i just found out was a way to ask if someone was gay?).
i heard my phone go off, speak of the devil.

jem
-hey tim man, need a ride?

tim
-don't call me that. aren't you too young to own a car?

jem
-exfuckingcuse me? i'm only a younger.

tim
-fine. better not kill us

jem
-cool cause i'm right outside your house

as if on cue i heard a honk along with a feminine voice yelling, "Get in loser we're going shopping!" jesus fuck is this what i have to be thankful for?