29. | Zayn Malik

29.

zayn malik

"ARE YOU GOING SOMEWHERE?" Mum asked, glancing down at my outfit.

"Yes mum," I said, packing my hair in a ponytail. "Caelum is tutoring me today."

"Oh, I understand." She smirked knowingly. "This Caelum guy again, huh?"

I groaned. The fact that my mother was an avid shipper of Daesyn and Caelum made me weak. She believed that sooner or later, Caelum was going to confess the feelings we both knew he didn't have, to me.

She wiped a fake tear away from her eyes. "They grow up so fast."

I scowled at her playfully, picking my bag up from the couch. "Stop teasing me!"

"Okay, okay." She threw her hands up in surrender, dropped the rag she was holding, and came to stand in front of me. "You've been wearing clothes with a touch of red or plain red these past few days. What's happening?"

My cheeks immediately flushed in embarrassment as the reason for the sudden change in colors of my clothing filled my mind.

Caelum was not the reason.

Sure, Emery told me that Caelum's best color was red but I really wasn't wearing red just to get him to notice me.

I swear, I wasn't.

"Does this have something to do with Caelum?" she taunted and my cheeks flamed.

"No, mum," I defended weakly. "I have to go now though, see you later." I fled out of the house without hearing her response. Regardless of my escape, I still heard a faint 'I love you' from her which made me smile. Things between us were finally going back to normal.

--------------------

"Wow, Daesyn." Emery wiggled her perfectly drawn brows, stretching her long legs on the couch. "Red again?"

"I didn't wear it because of Caelum," I said. "I swear."

She wrinkled her nose as she picked the remote from the coffee table. "Yeah, we know."

"Don't you find it weird that I have a crush on your brother?" I asked, turning to look at her. "And I even talk about my crush on him to you?"

She shrugged. "I completely ship Daelum as long as the private details are kept private."

I nudged her sides with my arm, my face heating up. "Shut up!"

"You're so violent, Daesyn." She groaned. "I'll get back at you."

I smirked. "You can't do anything about it."

"Watch and see." She grinned evilly. "Watch and see."

"Emery," I heard Caelum's voice and the beating of my heart increased. "I have to tutor her, go somewhere else."

"Go to the library!" Emery yelled. "You've been tutoring her there."

"Just go," he retorted and I stylishly turned to look at him. Caelum still managed to look so good in sweatpants and a T-shirt. How?

"No," she muttered, standing. "I am not going."

Caelum glared at her but said nothing then turned to me. "Let's go."

"See you later, Em." I sent her a small smile, wiping my sweating palms on my jeans before standing.

She leaned in and whispered a 'keep it PG' in my ear. I flushed madly, flipping the middle finger as she cackled loudly.