Gate man

I laughed alot because of you. I smiled alot of you. I believed in love because of you. And now I am heart broken, heavenly tortured and soul shining naked because of you.

Jack looked between his wife who was back to enjoying her food and the stranger then asked whether she's done eating.

"But we have just started eating" Jenny replied innocently. If only she could read his mind, she would have known that her husband had already killed the stranger a thousand times plus one.

She looked on her husband's plate to see that it's still full as he received it. How could he eat when his eyes couldn't stop roaming the place for anyone looking at his wife.

If only glares could kill! The stranger would have been six feets under. How much he wished to pull out the strangers lustful eyes.

That's one of the reasons he hated his wife to go out. She turn heads everywhere, men couldn't turn a blind eye.

"Get you purse we're leaving" Jenny didn't argue with him to bring herself trouble so she picked her purse up in a heartbeat and walked out without waiting for Jack.

Why does he have to ruin every chance he gives me? She thought as she strolled to the entrance. Jack sent the stranger a warning glare before getting out of the restaurant.

Reaching home, Jenny was raging inside, he doesn't want her to go alone outside and when they go together, he always end up ruining that chance for her.

She throw her purse on the sofa wishing it was her husband's head, untied her heels and hair then walked to their bedroom like she's has skates on.

While she's doing all this, Jack was just watching her gingerly.

Next day, Jack went out with his friend Lee to have a few drinks together in a pub. As they were seated, Jack realized that Lee is more quieter today and reserved which is a rare sight.

"Ahh... man ever since we got here you have been moody. What's wrong" Jack asked concerned about his friend.

"There's a problem but it's too heavy for the mouth to say" Jack laughed at his friends "I have known you for quite some time now, you don't hesitate to say what your problem is, so what could this be that you don't want to say?"

Lee looked at his friend not knowing where to start this from so decided to look away from his friend's piercing eyes " it my wife" he said when he felt some courage inside of him.

Jack stopped the glass he was holding midway to his mouth "why am I not so surprised!! Women are part of the problem that we have in our world today" Jack started pouring his venom words out "look at the bibble. The strongest man in the bible is brought down by a woman. So who are you that a woman will not bring down? I send my sympathy friend" he finished off. He can never understand that humans are different and unique in there own way, what this person does another one can't do it.

"Do you know what she did?" Lee asked. He feels that the thing is too heavy to pass it through his mouth.

"Well, I know they always do something anyway. Forgive my manners what did she do?" Jack asked out of curiosity.

Lee looked around feeling uncomfortable to speak this out loud "Jack I caught my wife sleeping with another man"

Jack chocked on his spit "did I hear you well? You did what?!!" he almost shouted making people in the pub to look at them.

"Well let it be a sensitive man but a gateman" Lee said mildly

"A gate man!!" Jack said again to confirm if he didn't hear his friend well. If only Lee knew, he wouldn't have said 'a gate man' cause Jack's mind did quickly swing back at home. Already imagining his wife and the gate man he working at his home.

He came back driving in a knot of thoughts, thinking his wife might have done the same thing as Lee's wife. He got out of the car, looked at the gate man who was still crossing the gate... poor soul didn't know that his life is going to take a turn.

"Boss welcome back" the gate man said with a warm smile. Jack frowned "come here" He started walked towards the gate man.

The poor man looked at his boss completely cofused and wondering what might be his fault. He knew his boss can't keep his anger in check.

"Come here!! Now you're going inside, pack your things and get out of my home" Jack said not waiting for the man to reach where he was. It's was like he was taking alot of time.

The gate man was stunned, he haven't done anything wrong then why is his boss firing him " I beg of you sir, please don't fire me, I have a family to look after" the man kneeled in front of Jack begging.

"Are you asking me to force you out of my own home?" Jack shouted making the man to cower away " go pack your thing and leave my house" he said not caring about what situation will the man be in if he's jobless.

"Boss I didn't do anything" the man tried to reason with him " do you have to do anything to be fired from my home? I employed you so that means I have every power and right to fire you" Jack thought maybe the man needs money that why he's insisting on not being fired so he emptied his pockets by through every note he had on mind.

" hurry to pack your things and get lost" the gate man didn't move instead he continued begging Jack to give him a second chance.

Jack started to get irritated by his continuous begging "wait for me" the time those words let Jack's mouth, the gate man knew he doesn't stand a chance anymore. Jacke ran inside the house. The gate man packed his belongs in a hurry and rush out through the big gate before his boss could come back. He knew that if he stayed there another second he might not see another day.
....
It's me again and I hope you're all doing fine.

Please tell me what you think about this chapter 🙂 mostly Jack