Expensive things.

Dresden dolls by Delilah

On his way back, jack decided to buy is wife something. His children welcomed him however, Jenny did  even spare him a glance.

He sat beside her "my love?" He called, he looked less disturbed than usual.

He quietly stared at his wife who didn't make any move like she didn't notice his presence at all "this is for you" he said placing the shopping bag on Jenny's lap.

She let out a heavy sigh, looked at her husband then to the gift on her lap, picking it up, she started unwrapping it however, Jack took this as an opportunity to explain their current situation to his children.

"You see, your mom and I are in peace now. There won't be more crying, shouting, we gonna be a happy family" he told them, Jenny frowned at his words but didn't say anything, she knew his words are always empty just like the vows he made on their weeding day.

"Thank you father" all the three children were happy about the news. That's what they wanted for their father to stop the beating, shouting and all the accusations.

Inside was a royal blue lace bodycon dress, a necklace and matching shoe. She narrows her eyes in anger, she knew there were two reasons. One is because he want to assure his children that everything is okay between them and two he doesn't want her to go out for shopping or for her to make her own choices on the clothes she wants to wear.

She put back everything in a minute and give it to the children to take it to her room and go to bed.
She had a plan to talk to her husband and didn't want her children to witnesses anything anymore.

"You didn't have to buy them" she said...he thinks buying me things will change anything she thought to herself.

"You don't like them? They're very expensive" he couldn't believe his wife's words. He expected a big thank you but all he got was that...
How grateful he thought sarcastically

Jenny cared less about those things, mostly expensive ones. She just want to live peacefully with her children that's all.

"I'm trying so hard to bear your attitude but you're making it very very hard and unbearable for me" Jenny said mildly.

"I don't understand how hard I'm making things hard for you. By buying you expensive things?" Jack asked, he was losing it.

Jenny got angry "by buying me expensive things and locking me inside. I need to get out to see the real world and go to church not always being caged" she shouted, threw her hands up in the air.

"Where else do you want to go?" He asked, his eyes piercing into her.

"On the streets, pubs that will never happen" he paused again "you want all men to sent their eyes on you? If you want to dress up go inside our room, dress up and walk around the house. Dress up for your children, dress up properly and beautifully for me. Your husband not other men" she let out a little grunt as the words of her controling freak of a husband sink in

"This is becoming too much, you really need to change that attitude of yours" She shouted at him, pointing her finger at him mercilessly.

A small laughter left Jack's mouth " or else what? What will you do?" he asked, daring her.

"I'll talk to my aunt and you know the rest" her aunt is known as a lioness which does not take any shit from anyone.

Jack started laughing in her face which made her more angrier "you're a big fool!" He pointed out.

Moving closer "You think I'll let you walk out of this house and let you take our family issues to your aunt?"he asked towering over her "is that how shameless you are? You discuss our private matters with outsiders, are you out of your mind? Now go ahead and discuss everything with her, I'll skin you alive" he said searching her eyes then left like he's been given a boot in a second's blink.

Jenny remained glued in her seat as tears start falling down her cheeks and words echoing in her head.
....

Thanks for reading.
Stay safe