CHAPTER 8

J A C K

It's been 5 hours since Sharon ran away. And I have been calling her for 5 hours straight, still no answer. I'm worried sick as to what might happen to her and what she might do, in that state.

But all I can do is to call her and look for her. It's 2am and I am the only person roaming around the streets. I can't give up. I should not. I need to find her. I need to find Sharon.

I went back inside my car and tried to call her again.

And shits really do happen when you're in a state of panic. My phone went off. Dead battery.

Due to frustration, I throw my phone on the backseat. Now that my phone has failed me, I don't know what to do anymore.

Even if I go to the police, they won't help me. She can't be reported as missing since it has only been 5 hours. Thus, she ran away, by herself.

I left my car and roamed around the streets one more time. I need to try my luck again.

My eye caught something near the river. Not far from where I'm standing, is a person. I squint my eyes to have a clearer vision and as soon as I saw some hair flying, I rushed to where that woman is standing.

I grabbed her by her arm and pulled her to me, "Goodness! I have been looking for you!" I tightened my hug to her.

I am waiting for her to respond but she did not.

She buried her face even more to my chest as she continued to cry.

A tear have escaped my eyes but I immediately wiped it. I don't want her to see me crying, 'cause she might cry even more.

"It's okay, it's okay," I said to reassure her, "you can cry until you feel better"

Minutes later, she slowly raised her head to face me, and to my dismay, it's a different person.

"Y-you're not Sharon," the girl and I immediately let go from the hug as we're both surprised.

"I-I'm sorry... I-I thought y-you were m-my boyfriend..." she said as she slowly rubs her arms. I looked at her from head to toe and she's only wearing a t-shirt and pajamas.

I quickly grab my coat and covered her, "It's cold, you should head back home" I said.

She's still sobbing when she lifts up her head, "T-Thank you and sorry again..."

I gave her a tap on her head, "I'm also sorry, I mistook you as my girlfriend. You should head home now" I said to her again.

She nodded and started to walk away when I called her, "Ahm, do you mind if I ask you?"

She turned back and faced me, "Sure, what is it?" she said in her low voice. Her soft voice reminds me of Sharon.

"H-Have you seen a woman roaming around this area?"

She shook her head as an answer, "Oh okay, t-thank you"

With that, she started to run. And I can feel my legs giving up.

I sat down on the cold soil. I don't care if my pants get dirty. I don't even have time to worry about myself. My number one priority is to find Sharon.

I looked up and saw a beautiful midnight sky. I wonder if Sharon is seeing this too? I wonder where she is right now. I wonder if she's okay.

Is she still crying?

Is she cold? She left and she's wearing a red dress and a coat that might not help her ease the cold.

Sharon, where are you?