CHAPTER 9

J A C K

"Last one," I said as I scoop the remaining porridge in the bowl, "say ahhh~"

"싫어! It's too bland" Sharon said as she pouts.

I shake my head and pinched her cheek, "Come on, last bite then you're done!"

She grabbed the spoon from me and ate the last scoop of porridge on her own. She gave an intense stare as she chew.

I gave her a glass of water, "I didn't feel like I ate. The porridge is too bland!"

I ruffled her hair because she's cute when she's whining, "What do you expect from hospital food?"

"Then why did you feed me hospital food? You should've bought me some burger and fries" she said as she positions herself on the bed.

"I'm sure you know that, that's never gonna happen" I said as I take a seat beside her.

She shrug her shoulders, "Just saying"

"What do you wanna do?" I asked her while playing with her fingers.

"I wanna go home"

"You can when your doctor allow you," I smiled at her.

Should I ask her? Should I ask her why she ran away that night? Will it be alright?

"Spill it" I raised my head and crossed my brows when I heard Sharon speak.

"You want to ask something, spill it" she said while looking at the ceiling.

"Promise you'll give me an answer?" I asked that made her look at me.

"Well, if it's answe--"

I cut her off, "You have to promise" I said as I raised my pinky finger in front of her.

She bit her lip as her gaze went back and forth, she's hesitating.

I was about to give up when her pinky crossed with mine, "Promise" she said as we both stare at each other's eyes.

I cleared my throat before asking, "Why did you ran away?"

"I just felt the need to"

I sighed. She gave me a vague answer. Well, at least she gave an answer. It's better than staying silent.

"What happened before our dinner?"

Sharon averted her gaze and lowered her head. Something probably happened prior to our dinner.

Minutes have passed but she still didn't have any answer, "Love, it's okay if you can't say it--"

I was cut off when she spoke, "I received a call from someone I knew"

She said without giving me a look. I held her hand and squeezed it, "Then what happened?"

"We talked"

"Nothing more?" I asked then Sharon grabbed her hand away from me.

"That's what happened" she said in a stern voice.

"Are you sure that's it? Love, you promised that you'll give me answers" I tried to persuade her. I want to help her but I don't know how especially when she's not being honest.

"Love, look" I said as I went to the other side of the bed for us to be face to face, "I want to help you. I really do. But I don't know where and how to start helping you if you'll not--"

"I gave you an answer. It's up to you if you'll believe me or not"

I looked at her eyes, giving me dead stare. There's no visible emotion in her eyes.