THE FIFTH DESCENDANTS - Introduction

E X T E N D E D  S U M M A R Y

E X T E N D E D S U M M A R Y

A long time ago, representatives from both human and magic world made a pact to coexist. Warlocks and witches' powerful existence creates a rule that they have to marry humans to have descendants, in which only the fifth descendants will inherit their magic powers.

Mick Salander, a film student who has to go back to his hometown to take care of his sick mother. Leon Alcott, a hopeless romantic whose crush is just snatched from him by the guy he hates the most. Ashton Groves, a tennis prodigy who just got home from a one-year scholarship in Perth.

Three of them are just strangers from the idyllic town of Darkwell, California, but they share one common thing: they are the fifth Descendants of a great witch named Glenda Waytten, and have magic powers that are awaken when they turn 17, making each of them a warlock.

A horrible car accident in the middle of the rain brought them together. While they are trying to find out about a dark magic that seems to be targeting the non-Descendants in a warlock and witch family, the trio must also uncover the secret of their ancestor's journal, which told them a prophecy about the mysterious fourth Waytten heir, whose existence can either save the world or destroy it.

A U T H O R ' S N O T E

Hi, guys, welcome to my third book! This is my first fantasy book, and it is obviously different from my previous books that are mystery/thriller. It's actually an old piece that I originally wrote in my mother language (Bahasa Indonesia) and it had been years since I stopped writing it, so I decided to rewrite it into English. Again, you are very much welcome to give a constructive criticism about spellings, grammars, and the story itself -- I will appreciate it so much if I can learn more from you guys.

The Fifth Descendants is the first book of a planned trilogy.

(All the pictures on the multimedia bar are not mine, unless stated. The ones that belong to me are the snippets from Glenda's journal that you will find in some of the chapters.)

I really hope I can update this book regularly and finish it fast. I also hope you can enjoy this book as much as I enjoy writing it! Please leave a vote and comment if you like the story :)

Thank you so much for reading!

Widya / @weirdya