thirty.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁⊱ 𝐞𝐩𝐡𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐞𝐬 ⊰𝙖 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙢𝙖𝙧𝙚 ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁⠀⠀

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
⊱ 𝐞𝐩𝐡𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐞𝐬 ⊰
𝙖 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙢𝙖𝙧𝙚
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

one of the most iconic scenes in the movie dirty dancing is everything leading up to the lift towards the end of the choreo, where johnny lifts baby into the air and practically steals the breath from everyone's lungs. it was that scene playing on the television that friday night, just barely after 10 pm.

answering the phone and hearing that voice was like watching johnny drop her, seeing how baby hit the floor and crumbled with no will to get up again. except it was his baby, his little girl that would never be coming home again because some idiot decided to get behind the wheel with alcohol pumping through his system and no remorse for what he's done. that man wouldn't even remember what he did, some family member would just tell him after he was actually sober that there was a terrible accident, but he was lucky to be alive.

jungkook wished he could be the one telling his daughter that. he wished he could have been the one running into her room with a smile and seeing that she was okay, a few bruises and maybe some scratches but that could all be kissed better. he'd never see her smile again. 

there hasn't been a phone call that impactful since. jungkook doesn't think anyone could ever tell him something would reach that level. he never should have let her go that night, he should have driven his little girl instead.

the only thing that came close was that text during dinner, right before they got their meals and mrs. kim excused herself to go to bathroom. taehyung was busy talking to his dad, so jungkook figured he could sneak a peek at his phone without seeming rude. he wished he didn't though, because he only knew one person that would have said anything. he never thought he'd hear from her again, and knowing that taehyung reached out to her made his stomach drop. he was awfully quiet at dinner after that.

it may have been immature to do that, to make it so obvious that something changed in the older males mood when they were suppose to be celebrating a good show and all, but jungkook wanted taehyung to know he was upset. he wanted the boy to wonder why his mood shifted and feel like it was his fault. anger did that sometimes. it makes people act differently than what they'd normally do.

taehyung did notice pretty quickly. there were no more sweet touches, no more hand on his thigh or wandering fingertips. jungkook sat and ate his meal, only speaking when spoken to and even then they were short replies.

the ride back to their hotel was even quieter, it didn't seem like he spoke a word until thanking the kims for dinner and a ride back. taehyung did the same, and hugged his parents once more before letting them leave back to their own hotel. he waved as they drove off, then turning to see that jungkook had already walked off and he needed to nearly run to catch up to him.