1. The Beginning

BREAKING NEWS!! ASTORIA GREENGRASS FOUND DEAD ALONG WITH OTHER WITCHES ON A MUGGLE TRAIN WHICH CRASHED.

This is true everyone. Astoria Greengrass, the kindest witch known, died 5 hours ago in a train crash which happened to skid off the rails. Investigation states that she was going to a meeting and wished to do so in a muggle way as her meeting colleagues were muggles and insisted on picking her up. Miss Astoria will be remembered by everyone.

By - Jonathan Lewis

Hermione Granger was devastated after reading the news on Daily Prophet. Astoria was one of the kindest and joyful people she had ever met. She never knew about her personal life. She remembered Astoria saying once that she had a son and a husband but they both decided to keep it a secret as it could be risky. She felt really bad for her husband and her son. Unknowingly a few tears managed to escape from her brown sad eyes. She wiped them off and decided that she was going to the Greengrass Manor to meet her parents and give her their condolences. 

Draco was very happy to see his son say Dada before Mama. He was showering thinking about how excited Astoria will be after hearing about her son saying his first words. Little did he know that everything was going to fall apart for him the minute he went into his kitchen. Happily carrying his son on his arms he went into the kitchen to feed little Scorpius. The minute he entered, he saw Narcissa sitting on the chair near the island crying with her head in her arms. Draco's smile immediately turned into a frown. He asked his house-elf to take Scorpy outside. He went over to his mom and hugged her asking what happened. "I am so sorry Draco! She knew it and still, she went! I am so sorry!!" cried Narcissa on her son's shoulder. He was more confused than ever. He suddenly saw the Daily Prophet lying on the ground. As soon as he looked he began to quietly sob with his hand muffling his mouth to avoid any screams. All he could think about was Scorp and his future. He somehow managed to get up from the floor and asked his mom to cool down so that they can talk. His mom was able to see the pain in his eyes even if he was trying to hide it. He was a Malfoy after all. She then told him that Astoria had cancer, a muggle disease, which was going to kill her in a month or so. She was on the last stage she said. Narcissa then calmly gave her son a letter that Astoria had written to him before leaving.

Dear Draco,

I know this will come to you as a shock but I have a rare disease known as 'Cancer'. I did not know until last month that I had it. That is why I did not have a chance to survive. I am going to die in a month or two and I couldn't bear the thought of you seeing me so weak and helpless. That is why I  have decided to die early. I am going to board a train which is known to be the best one yet but the thing that these muggles missed was that there is a little bump on the track we will be taking. I am sorry if I hurt you but I know that you are an excellent father who will take care of Scorp. Just a word of advice, marry someone who is a great motherly figure to our boy and dare you not marry anyone! I cannot think of you being unhappy and lonely because of me and my carelessness.

Love you. Yours, Astoria Greengrass

P.S. Do not shout at Narcissa for not telling you earlier. I had made her take an unbreakable vow.

Draco was neither crying nor showing any pain. He simply told his mom to not be sad as it will break Astoria's heart to see them like this. He went out to Scorp and silently told Ivy, his house-elf, what the matter was and took out Scorp to the garden to distract himself. 

---------------------------x---------------------------x---------------------------x-------------------------x-----------------

Yayy!! My first chapter!! Hope you guys like it. I will try to put new chapters every alternate days.