11. Wildfire Part 2

WTF is his problem!? Expects me to be ready in 2 minutes...like what!? Hermione was ranting about Draco all the way through her desk. Which means for the last 2 minute. She took her coat and put on her glasses with a small purse in her hand. In the purse were a pen and paper, well a notepad with pages. She waited on her desk for 3 minutes and then finally he came. "So nice of you to grace us with your presence" muttered Hermione hoping he didn't hear her but unfortunately today was not her day. "IK I am godly Granger, no need to mutter that. That thing you said...well I will take that as a compliment." Draco replied with humour and cockiness. "Glad to see you didn't lose that cockiness of yours from the past. " Hermione replied with the same tone dripping with sarcasm. Then she realised her tone and quickly covered her mouth. "Sorry, old habits die hard" she apologised sheepishly. Draco simply laughed and said, "It is okay Granger. Its been what? A week?" "Just 5 days..." "Ahh...I actually miss our banter. Feel free to reply to my comments. This work can be boring sometimes. If we successfully call it a truce maybe you can even call me Malfoy. I can't imagine how hurt your ego is after calling me Mr Malfoy" Draco said with a laugh. "So thoughtful of you. I actually miss calling you Malfoy. My sass doesn't allow to associate with Mr Malfoy." she replied with a laugh. Then they were in the lift and that had Hermione wondering why they can't apparate, they are wizards after all. Then she voiced her thoughts and Draco's reply shook her a bit. "After the war, actually during the war, I realised how wrong I was about muggles. When I saw Professor Burbage get killed by Voldemort, I read our books about Muggle studies and I was impressed because this time I removed the thin clothing known as beliefs from my eyes. I planned on expanding MASCO throughout the world and the majority is covered by them so I expanded this in the muggle world. And as muggles aren't allowed to use magic in front of them, this is the result. My god, I am rambling!" Draco exclaimed sheepishly. "That was not what I was expecting but I am glad that you saw past those things." Hermione smiled. "Ah here is our floor. What exactly are we doing here anyway?"  I mean why would Malfoy want me anywhere with him? "Yes, well we are here for a quick inspection of the floor. I heard that these girls only gossip." Hermione simply laughed at this and said, "These girls remind me of Lavender, only stalking guys and shit." they walked on till they were finally outside and the place was perfect as they were in an audible distance. Draco's plan was finally in action. "If you don't mind me asking, what do they talk about?" Hermione's body tensed up a bit but then she finally said, "Well they mostly talk about you but you have a wife right?" PERFECT thought Draco. "You see about that, my wife and I got divorce last week. I am single as a pringle out here" Draco replied with a chuckle and that is when they heard the noise of running. "Were these barbies spying on us?" Hermione asked with a hint of annoyance. "Seems like it. Anyways our work is done. We basically witnessed them doing nothing but gossip. That is going to affect their reports. Write that down, will you?" "Uh-huh sure."

Draco's work here was done. Now he had to wait for tomorrow's prophet.
___________x_______________x_______________
Sksksksk I finally have an insta account!!
Follow @dramionestann
I post this story there too... But there will also be one-shots and other reviews.. So check it out!!