3. Doctor Jeongguk

Jeongguk wasn't sure why he still worked down at the hospital a few nights a week

Jeongguk wasn't sure why he still worked down at the hospital a few nights a week. Call it nostalgia. Maybe just for a sense of normality.

After all, dealing with an annoying patient who'd broke his arm and almost been killed numerous times in the line of duty and he came back anyway.

Another year to complete his residency training in trauma.

"Dr. Jeon? You've got a new patient to attend." A nurse handed him a file.

"46 year old female, head trauma. Just needs a few therapy sessions or so, her son keeps proclaiming. Oh by the way, Dr. Hoseok looking for you too."

Jeongguk flipped through the file curiously before heading over to Hoseok's office with the upset look on his face. He knock on the door before entering, he sat back on the chair with a disgruntled sigh.

"What's the meaning of all this, Hoseok? You know I'm inexperienced to be a private doctor..." An annoyed groan rattled in Jeongguk's voice.

"Listen, I'm the CEO of this hospital, if I say you can do it, means you can."

“I know but-“ Jeongguk began to offer a rebuttle but was interrupted by Hoseok’s ringtone suddenly exploding into the room.

"Hello, Yoongi? When? Half an hour ago? I'm so sorry to hear that. Okay, I got it. I will send Jeongguk over by tomorrow. Stay strong Yoonie, I'll see you later. Bye."

With that conversation ends, he put his phone back into his pocket looking so solemn as if someone had just died. His heart sank a little though.

"Gguk, I know this is sudden, but I think tomorrow would be a good time for you to start as a private doctor at Mrs Kim mansion." Hoseok said and hope the other understood his silent plea to agree with his request.

Of course Jeongguk was taken aback by the unexpected summon, and being incredibly confused when Hoseok mentioned his name to the person on the line, unknowingly he stammered.

“W- what? Tomorrow?! That's too fast I need sometime to prepare-"

Jeongguk then stop himself from speaking further because he knew by Hoseok's voice which is soft but stern, but carrying a latent sense of urgency that made a knot form in his stomach.

"O- okay,"  Jeongguk answered hesitantly. “Um, I'll do it then, I can't say no to your request isn't it? Also it's my duty as a doctor to treat a patient.. "

"Of course, you are doctor Jeon Jeongguk who is good in everything! Now, I would like you to go through the patient medical history, results of blood test and whatever you need to know. You only have one night." Hoseok  insisted.

"One more thing, I saw a couple abnormalities that I think the patient need further testing.”

“Abnormalities?” Jeongguk repeated, urging Hoseok to go on.