chapter 2

Akito had finally got to Balto, who along with Boris, was being bullied by Steele and three other dogs and so he began to make a snow ball.

"Hey, leave him alone, you jerks!" Akito exclaimed as he threw the snow ball right at Steele.

Steele snorted at the snow ball and glared as he came over to Akito. "You got a lot of nerve doing that to me!" he growled to startle off the human knowing that kids his age feared big, loud dogs.

"Then leave Balto alone, and that goes for all four of you." Akito said while glaring at Steele and the three dogs.

Steele continued to growl and glare at the human boy. "Hey, I got a message for your mother," he taunted the wolf-dog hybrid after slapping him in the face with his tail. He then howled loudly which made his minions howl with him.

Balto was very angry with them for mentioning his mother like that. Boris was hiding behind a pot and tried to stop Balto from pursuing Steele and his gang. Akito continued to throw snow balls at steele and the three dogs while they were howling until they became irritated.

"Stop that at once!" Akito exclaimed at the four dog bullies.

Steele and his crew growled at Akito, if they hadn't been properly trained, they would bite him right then and there. "Get 'em..." he demanded.

The three other dogs barked and growled at Balto and Akito.

"Get out of here, wolf dog," Steele spat on Balto's snout. "You'd better get back to your own pack."

"Leave him alone! Man, if everyone knew how you truly acted, they would all properly hate you!" Akito exclaimed to Steele while protecting Balto.

Balto, Boris, and Akito then decided to walk away then. Steele got the others to dig snow against them which even hit a rock to Balto's head, setting them all off.

"Half-wolf in the side pocket there!" Nikki laughed.

"That was the most dead center, the most on target, the most down the middle!" Kaltag added.

"Ya hit him!" Star finished, laughing stupidly.

Kaltag was about to hit Star on the head, who then covered his head, but then got knocked out by an uppercut done by Kaltag. Steele chuckled darkly, then walked off, leaving them alone, unaware that they actually hated him as much as the other dogs that weren't female did. Balto sniffed the air as he kept walking with Boris and Akito.

He stopped and sniffed something in the air that seemed familiar to him, but he couldn't place it, then looked over on top of a hill to see a few wolves who stared at him, the snow goose, and the human boy. Then one of the wolves howled hoping he would reply back with his howl. Balto looked at them, but ignored them and sulked away to get to a broken down boat which is what he took for shelter.

Boris watched the other wolves leave right then. "Not a dog, not a wolf, all he knows is what he's not." Boris looked up to Akito, explaining Balto's sadness.

"Well he's a mixed breed a wolf dog, half wolf, half dog." Akito said.

"If only he could see what he is." Boris added in slight dismay.

Balto kept walking in sadness and walked up the boat's board to get himself comfortable.

Cherry was reading by the fire as she was settling the unborn baby inside her stomach and Felicity was playing a game with Rosy and Estelle.

"Akito's been gone for a long time." Mo sounded worried.

"Don't worry, Mo, I'm sure he's still with Balto, he just doesn't want Balto to be all alone." Atticus said.