chapter three

Its been three years since I got left at this orphanage by my parents.  They tried to come back and get me like they thought it was a free day care center. Luckily the authorities had confirmed that the house was unstable for a child my age.  I was so relieved when they told me I wasn't getting adopted by my own piece of crap parents. I absolutely was not going back to living in my broken family.  This also meant that I could stay with my only friends Matt and Mello. I had a bad feeling about today though, something about it seemed off. As I began to think those thoughts Mello walks in the door with tears of anger in his eyes.

"What's wrong Mells?" I asked. Matt and I were the only ones who could ever call him Mells.

"That stupid albino!" He screamed, "L never chose who his successor was which means we'll have to work together!"

I knew this wasn't good. Mello certainly was not working with near. Mello ran to our dresser and started throwing everything into one of his bags. I started to panic. 'Oh no! He better not be thinking he's gonna leave me here' I thought to myself. I started packing up all my things.

"What are you doing?" Mello asked.

"Im coming with you what does it look like!" I practically screamed at him. I've come a long way from being a shy little twelve year old. 

"Matt will kill me if I bring you, but its not right to leave you here."

I was relieved he said that, but why would Matt not want me to go. It kind of broke my heart a little.  I've always thought of Matt as family from the first time we met, but I guess I liked him a little more than that.  Mello and I grabbed our stuff and ran out of wammys, we didn't care who tried to stop us. To my surprise Matt had a car waiting out front.

"Where'd you get that?" I asked him pointing toward the car. He started laughing and replied with "you dont want to know." Typical Matt, he probably stole it knowing him. I jumped in the back seat and laid down. We were finally getting out of this place.