Chapter 6

Matt and I walked out of the store. I was surprised things didn't feel awkward, in fact it was more comfortable like we had been together all our lives. We packed the groceries up in the small trunk of the car Matt had stole and started driving back to the house.
    "Wait until Mello hears this!" Matt exclaims.
  "Wait until Mello hears what?" I blushed trying to hide my embarrassment.
   "That we're together of course!"
That was it matt had drove me over the edge I exploded with happiness, it was really hard to contain myself. I almost wanted to show him what I really was like because even though the three of us had been living together for three years I was still extremely scared of showing them the real me. I suddenly flashed back to the year before my parents left me at the orphanage. I was eleven years old and "too young" to date but being the girl I was I didn't care. I had met this boy who treated me like I was everything, but it didn't work out. Needless to say I was too young, but I know the feelings I had we're real and the things he did for me genuinely made me happy. I just trusted him too easily and got hurt in the process. I snapped out of those horrible memories and felt the tears build up in my eyes. I tried to forget and ended up looking over at Matt. I was staring in his eyes and he was staring into mine not even paying attention to the road. It seemed like he finally was able to pull off that fast and the furious trick to get girls. It sure won me over even though he already  had my heart. We parked the car and carried the groceries inside, Mello was taking a nap on the couch. 'What a relief he didn't throw a temper tantrum and break things while having a chocolate withdrawal I thought to myself.
        Matt finished putting the groceries away while I took the chocolate we had bought and laid it carefully on Mello's chest. I looked at Mello, he was definitely a lot more peaceful when he was asleep! Matt came over to me and wrapped his warm arms around me. I turned so red, I was not used to this much physical attention, but it was nice to feel loved. I hugged his arms and started quietly laughing. Matt started laughing too and it was just perfect. As soon as I was starting to enjoy myself Mello wakes up.  Mello yawns and rubs the sleep out of his eyes. Im impatiently awaiting his reaction to Matt and I. Mello looks up and is about to say something and then he sees matt's arms wrapped around me.
"Wow. You finally did it Matt! You finally grew some balls and asked her out!" Mello said excitedly.
"A-Actually she asked me out... heh." Matt stuttered.
Mello just sighs he knew Matt definitely wasn't the best with women, not like himself at least. I was in awe of everything that had happened today. Today was the first best day I ever had!