Chapter 2

The room was kind of small but well organised. I looked on the wardrobe and saw five sets of clothes with 'Phil' written on them. As I looked to see the name on the sets of clothes in the other wardrobe, a familiar figure came in through the door.

"PJ?" I said, astonished.

"Phil? What are the odds?" He said and chuckled.

"I wonder who are the other two." I said and looked at the bathroom door.

"Let's go find out." He said and smiled.

I nodded and we opened the bathroom door and stepped in. The bathroom didn't look like a bathroom. Except from the two doors with 'Showers' and 'Toilets' written on them, it looked just like and ordinary corridor of five meters long.

We went to the other room's door and came in.

"Oh my god!" PJ said excitedly.

"I can't believe it, what are the odds?" I said, astonished for the second time that day.

"Chris!" PJ said as he hugged him.

"Hi, my name's Marx. I guess you three already know each other, due to your reactions when you came in." The other guy in the room said. He was really tall, about 6"9', and he had raspberry blonde hair and brown eyes.

We all sat on the beds of their room and talked for most of the night until we began to feel tired. Then, me and PJ said our goodbyes before going to our room and falling asleep in our respective beds.

We were woken up the next day by a barking noise and, automatically, my senses were sent on panic as I looked around the room for something to be ready to defend PJ and me in case of attack. I grabbed a drawer from my bedside table and immediately went next to PJ who was frozen by fear.

Suddenly, the noise stopped and I looked around to see were it was from, only to find an hologram of our Attack and Defence teacher.

"This was a test to know which ones of you had the Ridding Hood instincts. You have been filmed are will be evaluated depending on how you reacted. This test will be used again in a random order. I expect you to be dressed and outside in the south field in twenty minutes from now." The hologram said before disappearing and letting place to a numeric countdown.

"I failed." PJ whispered. "That's for sure. But I never failed any test before. What are my parents going to say?" He said as a single tear ran down his face.

"PJ, hey, listen to me. It's okay. You'll have many others occasions to prove them you are the best Ridding Hood in this academy." I said quietly to him as I replaced the drawer in its place.

PJ nodded and gave me a small smile, before going to his wardrobe to pick up one of his set of clothes. I smiled back at him before imitating his action and putting my red cape on.

We met the others two in their room and I noticed how happy Marx looked and how Chris immediately went to hug PJ, before we ran toward the south field.

The only thing left in my head as we reached the field was:
"Well, it could have started in worse ways for a first day."