Chapter 4: Your Selfish Wants

I sit at the table across from Hades. Poseidon sits on Hades right side and Zeus sits at the head of the table. I look down at the breakfast Hades had a maid prepare for us. A plate full of food sits on the table next to me. . . for my mother. I begin to slowly cut my food and take a bite. The savory taste melts into my mouth making my body shiver in pleasure. I begin to speed up just a bit taking in bigger bites wanting more and more. Suddenly, I hear a pair of doors creak open and in walks my mom in her olympus clothes I'm guessing. They drape aeleound her body squeezing her torso tightly and becoming free down at her legs swaying with her stride. Before she sits down, she bows to the brothers thanking Hades for the meal and for the blessed morning. She looks at me and I feel all the anger surrounding her. I stop eating feeling uncomfortable around my mother. I scoot a bit farther from her only to realize I had gotten closer to the pervert. Im stuck in between the people I hate the most right now. Just great.

Zeus clears his throat as everyone finished there breakfast except me. The maids pick up our plates heading into the kitchen leaving us in silence for a few seconds before its sliced through like a knife by Zeus.

"Now Demeter, is this Kore Persephone your daughter?" My mother nods her head figeting her fingers on her lap.

"Why have you hidden her from everyone? Including me." She bows her head in sorrow.

"I am sorry my King, I just didnt wish to see my baby hurt." Baby?

"I'm not a baby anymore and if anything, your what hurt me! How-" Before I can finish I feel a sting shoot through my left cheek as my moms hand makes contact with my face.

"You do not speak unless spoken to. Show some respect." I shove my chair back standing straight up.

"Respect? Im an adult to and you have shown me no respect for my wishes! Im 22 and dont even know another god or goddess besides the four of you at this table!" She grabs my hand yanking me down into my seat.

"You will not cause disruption little girl." I sit back in my chair knowing she won't listen to me. ZEUs clears his throat once more preparing to speak.

"Well, what you have so 'kindly' hid from us is such a surprise that we wish to know more about her and what she is capable of." My mother quickly replies with a shaky voice.

"I-I wish to take h-her back home." Zeus smiles motioning his hand towards me.

"Her home is not the mere mortal realm. Cant you feel the power radiating off of her? Imagine how powerful her offsprings could be."

"O-offspring? Please sir-" My mom starts stuttering but is cut off by Hades.

"A goddess should be able to live her own life and choose her own choices. Even little disrespectful ones." Zeus smile at Hades then my mom and ends smiling at me.

"But, seen as how this one doesnt seem to have any respect, I think she is best left in my care for the time being while I whip her into shape." The smile he wears just shows me how much I DONT wanna know whats going on through his mind.

"My sir, please do not. I wish for her to return with me and live with me for the time being." Poseidon raises his hand cutting the tension between the two of them but only to add more tension.

"My wife is unable to produce children so I would wish for Persephone to carry a few of my children. They would be oh so powerful." Poseidon tilts his head towards me smiling. What do they think I am?!

"Persephone shall come reside at my place until she learns respect."

"But I need some children Zeus."

"My daughter needs to return home."

They all begin arguing who im going with and what ill be doing. Making anger pile up the longer I stay quiet. Before I get the chance Hades slambs his hands down on the table.