Chapter 12: The Darkening

I wake up still on the cold metal table. My body feels light as if I was floating but the pain still surrounds me. The chains have left indentations on my damaged and charred skin. The black that had started from my finger tips has made its way up to my thighs and is now entirely covering my arms.

I feel refreshed a bit. Are they back? I ask myself. I need to wait a bit longer. . . Rosetta knows something is wrong. Hades and Cronus should be figuring out how to get me out of here. . . I hope. For now, I need to keep Gaia at bay. I gently tug against the bars straining my chest and legs as it tries pulling me back down.

"Come on. . ." I mumble to myself in a grunt. I jolt up breaking the chains in half and watch as they fall to the floor. Okay. . . I walk around the dark abyss looking for any clues as to how I can help them. Come on. . . show me something. . . I look up staring at nothing. I little glint of light begins to show revealing a screen.

"Jupiter! Do not save this godforsaken place!" A lady screams. . . Thats Gaia?

"Gaia, this planet is our home. I cant let it go." He says looking back at her. She grabs his hands tightly pleading him.

"It will kill you Jupiter!" She cries out as tears stroll down her cheeks.

"A god cannot die my love. I will just be a part of the earth." Jupiter gently pulls back his arm and kneels down on the floor.

"I love you Gaia." He says smiling back at her. She reaches out for him but it is too late. His body slowly lifts into the air as small particles. His eyes are closed as he smiles. Gaia falls to her knees before where Jupiter had knelt. She screams out for him but gets no reply except for the shifting off the wind. Her body collapses to the ground as she curls into a ball sobbing. Starting from her toes ans finger tips, her skin slowly turns black until it engulfs her entirely.

Jupiter died. . . in order to save the earth. . . But left Gaia behind? This doesnt make sense. Why would she. . .? By the gods. . .

"GAIA!" I scream out. She cannot kill all living things. This isnt what Jupiter wanted!

"GAIA, I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR ME!!!" Suddenly, she walks out from the shadow glaring at me.

"How did you break free from your chains?" She says annoyed.

"Just listen, you cannot kill everything on the planet, you will be hurting Jupiter as well." She scoffs at my words.

"You know of nothing little one."

"I know he became a part of the earth to save it." A hurt look displays across her face shocked.

"You little. . ." Tears stream down her face and she quickly wipes them away.

"He saved it and its being poisoned and killed once again but just killing off everything will hurt him. Everything is connected! Human beings come from the earth and give back to the earth when they die. . ." She suddenly cuts me off.

"They will all die, along with you petty gods." With that she dissapears.

"GAIA! if you kill everything not even Jupiter will be able to save the planet!" There is an eerie silence as she begins to search for her body in a wide field once again. Please hurry Cronus, Hades, and Rosetta. . .

I pace back and forth looking for anything more. Come on. . . show me something else! I scream in my head.

"HADES, HELP ME!!!" I fall onto my knees in defeat. Someone. . .

The silence goes on for hours as the clock slowly ticks down. Another petal falls causing my body to go entirely numb. Its getting worse. I look over at the rose which only has 8 petals left. I need to try contacting Hades but I need a direct message. . . I huddle in a ball on the floor thinking rapidly.