Me Myself And I

Dear Diary,

Oh no, fuck no. I'm not Elena or anyone else form TVD. Anyways, in this days no one writes diary, and not when they are looking through the window with a haggard face as they promise themselves that they will start living. Bullshit. And there was that cemetery thing. She wrote her diary in the graveyard!? Plus the crow, what was with that bird? The fog wasn't enough?

Question. How could the two vampire brothers gave everybody to believe that they were siblings? How? Me and my late hamster had more similarities than that two, and they looked like they were in their thirties for fuck's sake.

But that's not what I want to talk or in this case write about. No my story is not overcomplicated, full of handsome guys who only want me. No. There is only one who is looking forward to meet me. The Grim Reaper. I bet that he isn't good looking at all, not like in series.

You can ask why? What such a boring and gloomy figure wants from me? The answer is easy, my life. To be honest I will give it to him without an other tough. I'm tired. I'm tired of everything, the pain, the weakness and the hundreds of medication.

Hello, my name is Willa Campbell, and I'm going to die.

But let's go back a little bit in the time, shall we?

I was a normal kid with a not-so-normal childhood. My mother was sixteen when she got pregnant with me. Guys protection is the most important thing! So back to the point, I was left with my grandmother as my mother ran away with some dude she met in a parking lot, I have never seen her again. Nobody did.

I grew up in Melbourne, which is the capital of Victoria, a southeastern state of Australia. You know, full of parks and coast, it's a pretty good place.

My grandmother passed away when I was eighteen, and I was left alone now totally alone for an eternity. After that I tried to collect the pieces of my life and the next year I applied to the Victoria University to study psychology, but life happened. Again.

When I began my studies I started feeling sick, tired and had headaches and constantly felt pain in my bones. I knew something was off so I went to a doctor for check up. When the test results came back it was clear that I was suffering from Chronic Lymphotic Leukemia (CLL). The lymph nodes in my neck and armpits enlarged and I drastically lost weight. Had nightsweats and unexplainable fivers.

My treatment started almost immediately, and I had to do it all alone. My only companion were the doctors and nurses who tried to make me feel better. Through my chemotherapy I felt like I would die. And I had right. Not then, but now, I am sure that I won't be able to live until the end of the year.

My CCL transformed into a more aggressive lymphoma, called Richter Syndrome. Sounds fun, no? It developed more white blood cell tumors in multiple part of my body. They said I have ten months or less, even with treatments. I fell into that five percent of patients who had this transformation and unfortunately doctors don't know a lot about this syndrome, so I became guinea pig for them.

That was the point when I had enough.

But something happened. Or actually someone.

He entered my world and made my remaining short existence on earth much more bearable.

He became my last light.