D-13

Willa was in the garden. This was her hiding place from the crowd of doctors and nurses who constantly wanted to ask her about her condition. She was sick. She will die. That's all. They can leave her alone with her books and music.

In the last three years she'd spent in the hospital, she'd never had any visitors . Her family was only her grandmother, but she wasn't with her anymore. No parents, aunts and uncles, nobody. When she was a kid she wished for some cousins or siblings to play with, but her only friends were in her head. Of course she could play with the other children from the street, but they'd never get too close to each other. Same in middle and high school. She had classmates who she liked and had lunch with, but nothing more. She was introvert to say the least. Willa believed she doesn't need friends in her life. Now they would only pitty her, and she would hate it, so after all she won. Nobody will be hurt when she leave this world. It was easier this way. She didn't even make friend in the hospital, and there were no one in the same age as her after all.

She turned to the other page of her book when she noticed tha
T someone was standing next to her. She looked up to meet a brown haired guy who was smiling at her. She didn't know him, she was sure. So why did he smiled like that?

"Can I help you?" she asked pulling out one of her airpods from her ear. "Are you lost?"

"No." he shook his had still smiling. "I came to you."

"To me?" she pulled an eyebrow. "I don't think we know each other."

"No don't."he nodded in agreement. "Yet."

"Okay" she was confused why this stranger wanted to talk to her. "Then who are you?"

"Christopher Bang" he extended his arm to shake hers. "My mother works here and I saw you yesterday when we were here and I decided to get to know you."

"Aha" she wasn't convinced.

"She is a nurse here"

"Ah, Mrs Bang." she realised lthe name. She met her every day because she was assigned to the same Unit where she was. "I know her, she is nice. I didn't know she has a son. "

"She has, as you can see." he pointed at himself. "But will you tell me your name?"

"Willa."she shook his hand lightly.

"Can I sit down?" he asked and she grabbed her belongings to make enough place for the boy.

"So Christopher-"

"Just call me Chris."

"Okay, Chris. What did I do to deserve the honor of your presence?" she slightly turned to his direction to get a better look of him.

He wasn't tall, maybe they were around the same high, his hair ganged up in messy chocolate brown locks, probably because of the humidity, that was pretty high on that day.

"You seemed lonely yesterday, so I thought maybe you want some company other than the medical team's." he shrugged.

"How nice." she snorted, but deep down she was happy to seek someone else who didn't want to draw blood from her. "But I warn you, I'm not that interesting."

"For me, you are. Come on, who wouldn't be interesting who read Kafka." he laughed. When he did dimples appeared on his face that made him look even younger.

"Did you read it?"

"No. I prefer the work of the modern writers." he admitted.

"You should. It's pretty good, but I think you have to be the right state of mind when you start it."

"Why?"

"Because he was insane, I guess, he wanted that his friend destroy his works when he died. Did you know that he became famous only after his death?

"Is that the reason why you're reading it?"

"Because, as you said, he was insane?"

"No I do, because it was in the hospital's library."