Chapter 22

Brea's POV

I could breathe finally. My once aching body didn't hurt anymore. I gasped and sat up trying to remember what happened. I was stabbed. I reached for my stomach only to feel a hole in my shirt. No not my shirt Stacy's shirt. Stacy oh no where was Stacy. I began to hyperventilate. I was so confused and i couldn't remember properly.
"Brea?" a familiar voice said.
I didn't respond to much was going on in my mind. A warm hand touched my shoulder causing me to jerk my head in that direction. It was Alex. I looked at him blankly trying to understand everything. Did i die. I should have. My heart was pounding in my chest. Alex wrapped his cosy warm arm around my shoulders. I rested my head on his shoulder his touch instantly southing me. He pulled away and cupped my face with his hands. I looked up into his worried beautiful blue eyes.
"I thought-" he began but didn't say anything else.
"That i would die." i said finishing his sentence.
He looked away then swallowed.
"So did i." i said.
"We cant stay here you saw them take Stacy they kno-" i began to say until his warm soft lips were against mine. I closed my eyes enjoying the moment. I tilted my head back enjoying every bit of his lips against my skin. He placed his hands on my waist as he pressed his lips against my neck. I pulled off his black T-shirt and tossed it at the end of the bed. I laid back as he laid on top of me kissing my lips slowly. My veins and eyes began to tingle and i felt my self getting stronger for some reason. He pulled away for a moment. I opened my eyes to see his eyes had turned golden. I looked down at my arms to see my veins were golden. I looked back at Alex to se his confused expression. Wait GOLDEN! i looked back down at my veins to see they were golden! i quickly got off the bed and raced to the mirror that hung on the far left wall. My eyes were golden too! i looked back at Alex who was staring at me probably just as confused as i was.
"Whats happening?" i asked.
"I have no idea." he said slipping his shirt on.
"Why are my eyes-?"
"I-i don't know." He said again staring at the ground as if his mind was else where.
"You had the same effect on me as a mimic." he said.
"Whats a mimic?" i asked.
He looked up at me again.
"Mimics aren't like us they are normal people until they touch a changed, they can use every power that person has, until the next full moon, then there back to normal, they also heal quicker and they get affected by the moon." His eyes widened.
"You were affected by the moon!" He said.
He walked out the room.
"Alex!" i called as i followed behind him.
"Katey!" he said.
"Yes?" she said turning her head toward Alex. She was the one who swapped with me when i was guarding the prisoners.
"Where does Margret live?" he asked her.
"Same as always down Tains rd." she said.
"Do you have a photo?" he asked her.
She pulled her phone out and began to scroll through her pictures.
"Here." she handed Alex the phone.
He glanced at it before handing it to me.
"Can you teleport me here?" he asked me.
"You bet i can." I said.