Chapter 25 || Mother Of The Family

"𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓶𝓸𝓼𝓽 𝓯𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓬𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓲𝓷 𝓻𝓮𝓭, 𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓶𝓸𝓼𝓽 𝓬𝓪𝓵𝓶 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓪𝓵𝔀𝓪𝔂𝓼 𝓼𝓾𝓻𝓻𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓭 𝓫𝔂 𝓫𝓵𝓾𝓮

"𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓶𝓸𝓼𝓽 𝓯𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓬𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓲𝓷 𝓻𝓮𝓭, 𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓶𝓸𝓼𝓽 𝓬𝓪𝓵𝓶 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓪𝓵𝔀𝓪𝔂𝓼 𝓼𝓾𝓻𝓻𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓭 𝓫𝔂 𝓫𝓵𝓾𝓮."

It was cleaning day!

The only day where you didn't have to worry about Leonardo causing himself pain out of spite to himself or while trying to train! Worse case scenario (which yes you have counted very many of them) was that Leonardo would slip and fall... Wait that wasn't a good thing either - maybe he should sit this one out?

Leonardo would be mad if you suggested that, so you kept your mouth shut. It had been a while since the Creeper incident and your arm was just about fully healed. There was nothing left but a dull pain every once in a while and a scar forming.

"Everyone ready?" April asked.

"Casey Jones was born ready!"

"Let's do this!" You and Raph cried as everyone split up to clean around the farmhouse.

Raph and Mikey were dusting, Donatello was mopping, Leonardo was wiping the windows, April was washing the bathroom walls, and Casey was slacking off. You were cleaning the kitchen - mopping the floors, wiping down the stove, and the dining room.

It was pretty amusing to see the turtles put their ninja skills to work to clean as well. It was interesting that they could apply it to something like this, and you reminded yourself to get some training in again this week. You couldn't fall too far behind or you would have a hard time keeping up with everyone else and become a burden.

You had just finished with the kitchen and had been going to repair any dents in the fridge from when Bigfoot chucked it out the window, when suddenly you heard another crash and some yelling from the main hallway and you thought the worst.

"What happened?!" You asked as you burst out from the kitchen to see Mikey on the floor.

"Mikey! I just vacuumed!" Leonardo scolded him.

"Yeah? Well I'm about to mop the floor with him!" Raph said through gritted teeth.

"Wait, look!" You said as you noticed Mikey had knocked the rug in the hallway out of the way.

"Whoa, guys. Check it out!" Mikey commented.

"A trap door? I didn't even know we had a basement." April said confused.

"What do you suppose is down there?" Leonardo asked.

"Evil clown! Evil clowns!" Mikey screeched hysterically.

"Well, only one way to find out." You muttered, pulling out your tech bo-staff. You wedged the end into the doorway and with Raph's help, it was pried open.