Part 9- Nothing Besides Fun

We all woke up in excitement. The girls were unusually early this morning in getting ready. And I think it was the first time in a long time that the boys washed their whole body while bathing. We all did something unusual and came to the bus by 10 am. We planned to have brunch at 'Branton NYC'. From there we would visit a few places to pick up souvenirs and go back to the hotel. 

As we walked down the streets of Greenwich, Arohi held my arm tightly with her small fragile hand. The butterflies passed. Now there were dragons. I wasn't ready to let go of her hand until we were to be seated in the restaurant. There, we all took our time to eat. We were neither in a hurry to finish brunch nor could we take the whole day eating.

From there we went from cafe to cafe looking for the milkshake with the perfect reviews. We finally found it and trust me when I say it... was... HEAVEN. The combination of the cool milk, the frothing, the sweet, crushed ice, it was out of this world.  We walked down the road sipping our Ambrosia, and discussing random facts. "So 'music" is a combo of two words; 'muse', and 'ic'. The muses were-"

"Children of Zeus and Mnemosyne, represent all aspects of art, etcetera... I know my history", I said and winked.

"Right", she said, trying to keep a straight face. "So 'music' would mean 'something-made-by-the-muse", she continued. "I just discovered the source of the word. It means the thing is a perfect piece of art", she ragged in the most adorably way possible for my mind and heart to process. I took the last sip of my milkshake, looked at the bottle, and told her, "In that case, you're my music", and looked at her. She stopped, held my hand, and pulled me towards her. She held my other hand and spoke four words. Four words that not only made my day, my week, or my month but probably my year. Those four words were: "And you are mine".

"Oh my heart, I think it just melted", I said, acting as though I was having a heart attack. Just then I got a call. It was from Arohi's doctor. I picked it up. My heart was beating as hard as a bass drum. I kept the phone near my ear. "Hello Aarya", he said. "Plz don't give bad news, no bad news, please...", I told under my breath. "I just wanted to inquire as to how Arohi's condition is", he said. I let out a sigh of relief (probably louder than intended). "Is everything going well there", he asked. "Uh... yeah, everything is fine. Arohi is taking her meds on time, I am making sure of that. Although She's eating way too much junk. is that bad?" I asked jokingly. The doctor laughed. "Not really. She might need all those calories to not get tired", the doctor said. Suddenly it wasn't funny anymore. The doctor probably realized that she ruined it because she said that was all she wanted to know and cut the call. We spent the rest of our time annoying our friends. Yea I that's right, 'ours'. I was forced to befriend them (not that I was against the idea).

____________________________________________________________

Exactly four hours later:-

We were a gathering by the bus, all ready to go to Times Square. It came to us as a surprise that we were going to a McFly concert. "This will be perfect for my vlog", my roommate said. "SHUT UP", the rest of us said in a chorus. He shook his head and took his seat on the bus. The rest of us followed.

It was sundown. The dark sky added to the beauty of Times Square. Arohi held my hand, as we presented our ticket and entered the cafe. I was super excited. "They should keep 'No-No Squares' here", she said, kneeling with leg pain and struggling for space. "You okay? You seem a little drained out", I said with concern. "Yeah... I guess" she said, pointing the index fingers towards each other. She usually did that to convince me to carry her on my back. I didn't wait for her to ask. I just turned around, knelt, and bent backward so she could climb easily. 

When I got back on my feet, she whispered something in my ears. "I love you". After that, I carried her around for nearly an hour, although it barely takes her 5 minutes to recover. Now ladies, take note: guys like to hear "I love you" as much as girls do. 

I wished the night to go on forever. And I was willing to carry her throughout it. But then sadly all good things come to an end. The concert was over and it was time for us to go back to the hotel. 

In the hotel, I stayed in Arohi's room to take care of her. I slept on the sofa in her room. It wasn't uncomfortable, but I did prefer a bed. I took out my diary. "It's been a while, I have an amazing news", I started