Prologue

Dead. She is dead. The star of my darkness has faded away and isn't going to return.
I stare blankly at the sky wondering when did it all go wrong. One droplet falls upon my nose and soon the whole sky is mourning with me.

I put a hand over my heart attempting to support its broken pieces, to reassure its fibers that everything is going to be okay. Even though I know it won't.

I have to leave. I can't stay here surrounded by her laughs, her voice, her image. Even the grass I am walking on contains droplets of her sweat.
I look at the city behind me one more time and memorize its finest details- I don't think I will ever return. 
I will miss the birds knocking on my windows, the noises cars make every morning to wake me up. Most importantly, I will miss her.
But I won't cry. She taught me to be strong, to forgive and to move on.

"Wait, don't leave!" exclaims a voice I've memorized over the past month.
However, it's too late. We're already in the car with all our materialistic and emotional baggage. 
I glance at him from the window as the taxi moves away till he disappears.
I hope someday I will be able to forgive him.

A/N: feel free to comment, like and share my story. Your support is all I need <3