8 ❄️

Valentina's POV

I woke up the next morning and looked around the room. My bed was empty and my window was covered in snow.

Before I could leave the room I caught a glimpse of my reflection in the mirror.
I looked and felt different.
This was the face of a woman...I mean kid.... who had slept in the arms of her crush.

I radiated happiness.

I made my way down to the kitchen grabbing a piece of toast.

"Valentina are you ok?", I turned and saw Deidara and Tobi walking towards me.
Deidara looked confused at how happy I looked.

"Oh hi, yeah I'm fine. I'm just eating some toast", I told him.

"We just got back from being outside. It's freezing out there", Deidara said and I turned to look at the window. Everything outside is covered in snow.

"Have you seen Itachi?", I asked.

"Uchiha boy? He's outside training in the woods. Why do you ask?", Deidara asked confused.

I felt Tobi's stare, but I avoided looking at him. Not to be mean but Tobi weirded me out.
Plus, running away with Itachi was a secret.

"Good morning Valentina", Lily greeted me, appearing out of nowhere.

Oh great, I didn't notice she was also in the kitchen. I hope she didn't hear what I said.

"Oh hi Lily-Chan", I mumbled not trying to hide how unenthusiastic I felt having to engage in a conversation with her.

"Would you like me to cook you some breakfast? It's freezing out there so eating something warm will feel good", Lily asked me as she ran her fingers through her long hair.

"Tobi wants breakfast !!", Tobi said to her sitting on the table.

"Count me in, un! I'm starving!!", Deidara said taking a seat and Lily smiled.

"I'll cook you all breakfast then!", she said happily and I rolled my eyes as soon as she turned her back to begin cooking.

"Brrrrrrr....I'm going back to my room ok? It's too cold to not be under the blankets", I said running out of the kitchen before they could say anything else.

I exited the front door as quietly as possible and made my way towards the woods as fast as I could.

My feet sank into the cold snow and the snow level got higher the deeper I walked into the woods.
I kept looking around trying to see if I saw Itachi, but couldn't find him.

Once deep inside the woods, I waited under a tree for hours. Maybe I wasn't in the right place?

As the pale sun started to set I began to overthink.
Did he change his mind? Why is he not coming? Would we run away together or would he just drop me off in Konoha?

I regret not asking more questions last night. I guess my mind went blank when he lay down next to me and hugged me.

I looked down and my hands were turning blue.

Alarmed, I got up and began to walk in the direction of the lair.
I had been too busy waiting on Itachi that I failed to noticed that I've been waiting all day, how much snow was falling, and how cold the now evening was getting.

There's no way I'll be able to get back to Konoha on my own. Night was falling and I couldn't really see ahead. I couldn't feel my hands or feet either due to the freezing cold air.

I began walking back to where I came from. I wouldn't survive a night out in the woods. Some of my hair strands were becoming ice too.

I heard footsteps behind me. I quickly turned around expecting to see Itachi but instead saw a group of men coming towards me with their kunais  out.

I didn't recognize the symbol in their headband but I knew that I was in their territory and was consider an enemy.

In a blink of an eye I felt a sharp pain on my chest that radiated to the rest of my body. They had thrown a kunai and it stabbed my heart.

My vision quickly began to deteriorate, and my body fell back into the freezing cold snow that covered the ground.

The voices of the men began to fade out as the snow falling from the sky began to fall and cover my now lifeless body as a blanket.

The last thing I saw before I closed my eyes was that the once white snow on the ground was now a dark crimson red color.
Similar to the eyes of Itachi.