34❄️

Valentina's POV

I got the courage to ran inside the hideout.

I sneaked into Karin's room and heard Karin talking to Madara at a distance.

Dear Sasuke,
I was trained by Orochimaru to kill your brother Itachi before you if you were to betray him. However, I failed. I didn't kill your brother, but I killed his wife whose name was Lily. Baby Lily is the daughter your brother had with that woman. Baby Lily is an Uchiha. I didn't have the courage to tell you in person.

I left the note on Karin's bed and grabbed baby Lily. With the baby in my arms I jumped out the window and ran into the woods not looking back.

I kept running for hours not caring about the cold snow hitting against my skin. The night was falling, but it was too late to go back to the hideout. I needed to get to shelter in order to keep baby Lily warm and safe. But I couldn't go back to my apartment in Konoha. They probably already knew that I was a traitor. I would be killed at sight.

Someone pulled my hair from behind causing me to fall to my knees.

Lily? Where's baby Lily? She was in my arms just now!
I turned to look behind me and saw Sasuke holding baby Lily.

I stood up and faced him. How did he know I was here?

"Sasuke-".

He slapped me hard across my face before I could finish my sentence.

"You ruined my brother's life!", he yelled at me. "Before his death one of the things he said was that he had a family! That his family had been killed so his death didn't matter!"

I looked down trying not to cry.

"Say something, Valentina!", he instructed grabbing my jaw forcing me to face him.

"While Orochimaru trained you to become stronger and kill Itachi, he trained me to kill Itachi if you were to betray him", I began. "But I couldn't kill Itachi".

"You killed his wife and made him believe that his only child was dead? That's worse than any quick death!!", his screams terrified me.

"Why didn't you kill Itachi?", Sasuke asked me.

"Your brother was very strong-", I began.

"The truth Valentina! I want the truth! You're a skilled anbu. You were trained to be a killing machine. Why didn't you kill Itachi when I killed Orochimaru!?", Sasuke asked.

"Because I was in love with your brother", I admitted looking away.

"Oh wow", he began laughing like a maniac. "You're in love with Itachi Uchiha so you kill his wife, his TRUE LOVE, and leave him alive. What was your plan, Valentina? Leave him alive and become step mom to his daughter?"

Yes.

"It hurt me that he had a daughter and wife. You'd be surprised at how much emotions affect your judgement", I told him.

"Tell me about it. I killed my brother, my ONLY LIVING RELATIVE because I was angry at him! Now I'm alone!", he yelled at me really close to my face.

I didn't know what to say. I couldn't think.

He tightened his grip around my jaw. Our eyes interlocked and I could see his sharingan eyes was activated. Looking straight into my eyes, he leaned closer. His lips slightly pressed against mine, as if he were going to kiss me.
His eyes traveled to my lips. As if thinking. We made eye contact again and he rested his forehead against mine. I could see his bottom lip quiver, as if he were going to cry.
He pulled away bitting his lips as if stopping himself from crying or saying something.