36❄️

Valentina's POV
"Are the instructions clear then?", Sasuke asked all of us before we exited the building.

It was the next morning. My legs were shaking and I felt so scared. A sleepless night.

"Valentina, walk to their hideout. The information we need is where they plan to attack and what attack they will be using. Suigetsu will go check on you. After you gather that information you can switch sides and fight along with Konoha", Sasuke said looking at me.

My eyes travelled to Karin who was carrying baby Lily as if she were her mother. Because she was. Anyone was more mother to that child than I was and ever will be.

"Sasuke please promise me that if I die you will take care of baby Lily", I begged him.

"What?", his expression changed. "You won't die. You were trained to be a spy for years and you're a killing machine".

"Please just promise me that", I begged him. "That if I die you will take care of the baby".

"I promise but you won't die", Sasuke interrupted me. "Remember that going as a spy to Madara and telling us his tactics will be the only way you get full pardon from Konoha and the custody of my brother's child".

I nodded.

"Good luck", Karin said hugging me.

"I'll see you after the war ", Suigetsu said as he hugged me and kissed my forehead.

"Make us proud", Sasuke said.

I nodded and began walking away.

"If she betrays us, kill her at sight", I heard Sasuke whispered to Suigetsu.

The day was freezing cold. Snow kept falling blurring my vision. I dragged my feet through the snow which was at knee level. My hands were numb and I felt extremely out of breath. Breathing cold air hurt my lungs. This day reminded me of the day I died.

I stopped in my tracks when I saw Madara. As soon as I came to sight, his eyes landed on me with inhumane speed. Probably because he's not alive. There's no way he's human.

I quickly picked up my hands in a defensive motion then slowly began to wave as I walked slowly towards him. Didn't want to alarm him. Raye stood there next to him. Very close to him. Her face looking down at the snow on the ground. She didn't even bother to lift her head to look at me. I couldn't see her expression. Her long hair covered her face.

"I left yesterday because the situation with Sasuke scared me", I admitted talking from a distance. I didn't want to go too near to them. "But I'm back ready to destroy Konoha".

Madara nodded and his attention turned somewhere else. Somewhere I couldn't see because the snow and cold air were hurting my eyes. My eyelashes were covered in ice. I could feel it every time that I blinked.

"They're on their way", Obito told Madara walking out of the frozen woods. He stopped in his tracks when he saw me. "About 40 minutes away".

"Let's attack them in the Land of Lighting", Madara said walking away and grabbing Raye's arm. Taking her with him.

"What are you doing here?!", Obito asked angrily walking towards me.

"I told you I would come. I hate Konoha", I told him.

"That's not what I wanted you to do! I don't want you to get killed because of me again!", he yelled.

"People say you love me", I told him.
"People say you loved me", he responded. "But then you found Suigetsu".

As soon as he said Suigetsu's name I felt eyes at the back of my head. Someone watching. I guess Obito felt it too because he looked behind me scanning for someone.

"I need to go to the restroom", I told him.

"What?", he asked confused.

"Yeah. Imma go do my business in the woods behind us. Be right back", I told him.

"I'll go with you", he said.

"No! Stay here. I'll be back ", I told him and ran to the woods. As soon as I entered the woods I felt someone pulled me by my arm.

"Suigetsu you scared me!", I told him.

"So what did they say?", he asked.

"They are planning to attack in the Lighting village. It will be a surprised attack", I told him.

"Awesome. Let's go before they see us", Suigetsu said grabbing my arm.

"No", I pulled away from his grip. "I can't".

"Valentina don't do this, please", Suigetsu said.

"I'm sorry ", I told him backing away slowly. I couldn't leave like this. Not without saying goodbye to Obito.

Suigetsu raised his sword and swinged it at me. It stabbed the side of the tree next to me. Missed me by a few centimeters.
"I'll give you until the war starts to switch sides. If you don't switch sides, you will automatically be consider an enemy to us", he threatened and walked away.