Chapter 16

Week later

Y/n POV

We are a happily married couple. It is thundering. Shinobu is afraid of the thunder. She is in my chest, shaking a lot. I rub her back. There is a loud boom and she jumps a little.

"It is ok Shinobu. I am here." I whisper.

She tries to go to sleep.

"Y/n when will the storm end." Shinobu whispers.

"Soon my love." I whisper

There is another boom. I cuddle up to her more. She holds onto me. I kiss her head. I kiss her. She deepens the kiss. I kiss her neck gently and she starts to fall asleep. I rub her back. I start to fall asleep.

Next day

I wake up feeling so good. We have another mission sadly. I am taking Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Inosuke and Kanao with me on this mission. Shinobu is against me leaving her. We rarely leave each other and now we have too. It is something I don't like but it is needed for the survival of humans and my duty as a hashira. I get up and brush my teeth. Shinobu wakes up.

"Honey are you going on that mission." Shinobu says.

I nod and she looks mad. Shinobu gets up and hugs me. I hug back.

"I can't lose you my husband. No ever again." Shinobu says.

"Then I will sneak you in." I say.

I sit down and relax. She makes imaginary circles on my chest. We start to get ready. Shinobu comes with me. I wait for the others.

"Y/n why are we going to this sight." Shinobu says.

"There was a sighting of some of the upper moons." I say.

I see them out. Aoi is with them.

"Master you have to come tu the ward. We have a problem." Aoi says.

Shinobu looks at me and then squeezes my hand.

"Y/n stay safe." Shinobu says.

"Always." I say.

She soon walks away with Aoi. I sense how nervous she scared she is of letting me go. Right now we are heading for the grave yard in Neronji. We walk around.

"Y/n do you sense anything." Tanjiro says.

"No not really." I say.

"There is no noises." Zenitsu says.

There is yelling.

"What is that!!!" Inosuke says.

"Let's go and find out!!" Tanjiro says.

I stay behind. This reminds me of my mother. We use to come here a lot as a kid before she died. We would always sneak out when father was drunk. It is so peaceful here. Shinobu would probably think I am crazy. I sit down. I wish I could see her one last time. I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Go on my son." I hear a whisper.

I turn around and there is nothing. I let down a tear.

"Don't leave me." I say.

I immediately get up.

"You can't leave me mother." I say.

I should head back to the others. This is where she was barred. I summon some tulips which were her favorite. I walk to the sent of the others. They are killing most of the demons.

"Good job." I say.

"Thank you brother." Kanao says.

I give her a thumbs up. I sense that presence again. What is this!! I don't like it. It feels like one of the monsters from hell. Wait don't tell me they came here. Fuck you Erwin!!!! I don't see them. We start to walk back. I see my moms grave. I kneel down.