P R O L O G U E

This is the sequel to Little Do You Know. It is advised to read the first book before proceeding to Before You Know It.

Thank you!

*

Nam Hyora is back, and Byun Baekhyun knows a little bit more than he should. In their last year of high school, they chase their impossible dreams and find solace in each other. But they come across a fork in the road when she finds out about his accidental discovery of a certain letter. Will they take their own paths, or continue to walk together?

▪▪▪

Nam Hyora was in a heated debate with herself

Alone she sat in their small dining table in their cramped apartment room, a barely functioning lightbulb her only source of light. The dinner she prepared hours ago had turned cold as she waited for her parents to return home from work so they could eat together. But dinner was the least of her problems right now.

"Do I tell her or not?" she muttered to herself.

She grabbed her phone from the table and composed a message, her finger hovering for a moment over the send button.

After pondering for a while, she finally hit send.

On quiet nights like this, it was difficult not to remember her friends she'd left behind in Korea. She looked through the photos that her best friend had sent her for the past month—a picture of Hanna holding her white puppy, a selfie of Hanna and Haejin with a tray of cookies, and of course, a photo of Baekhyun sleeping on his desk in their classroom.

A smile automatically made its way on Hyora's face, something that Byun Baekhyun has never failed to do.

Meanwhile, beyond China, a girl was choking on her dinner, spluttering soup all over the table.

"Hanna, what's gotten into you?" her mother Haejin said, tapping her daughter's back gently as she handed her a glass of water.

The girl immediately gulped it down and stared at her phone once more, reading the message she had just received from her best friend.

hey hanna do u happen to know if there's a cheap apartment near the school that could accommodate 3 people? asking for a friend ;)

A broad smile stretched across Hanna's face as she looked up at her mother.

"Hyora's coming back."

*

To everyone who's back from reading LDYK, I love you. HAHAHAHA. No promises of regular updates, btw. I've become rather busy these days.

Enjoy reading! ('')*: ・゚

Published on December 22, 2020. Completed on __.