Pushing Away

What do you think happened...? 

;3

This chapter's... a bit lighter than the others...

Um.

It is until the second half, at least. 

TW: Panic attack, abuse mentions, implied su*cide

Patton's POV:

In and out, he said. 

It'd be quick, he said. 

I sighed, looking in yet another janitor's closet. 

Quick? In and out? Not in this labyrinth! 

Me, Remy, and Emile were in one group, while Virgil, Roman, Logan, and Kara-- who had wanted to come for some reason-- were in the other. Roman had whined and begged his boyfriend about being in the same group so much Virgil had eventually gave in, and so here we were. 

Trying to find Janus and Remus. 

In a maze of closets. 

Great.

Brushing a strand of hair back from my forehead, I looked around for Remy and Emile, who were already much further down the hallway than me.

"Wait up!" I called, straightening up and following behind them, pouting. "Don't leave me behind!"

Remy put his hands on his hips, flicking my forehead. "Maybe you should hurry up."

I hissed. "Maybe you should get shorter legs and see how that suits you." Brushing patches of dust off of my pants, I flounced ahead of them, shooting him a dirty glance and seeing Emile nearly falling over laughing. 

"Emmy!" Remy whined, putting his hand to his heart. "You're laughing at me?"

Emile took a deep breath, giggling. "Why not? It's funny!"

Remy gasped. "You wound me! How could you?!" He pressed his hand to his forehead, then collapsed into laughter. Now we were all failing at being the quiet ninjas we were supposed to, but by the sounds of things, so was the other group.

A loud slap could be heard from down their hallway and I winced, covering my mouth as I smiled. "Oof," Remy chuckled. "Looks like Roman's in trouble."

"Roman?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "How would you know?"

My brother shrugged, grinning. "What other dumbass is there in that group? It's just Logan, Virgil, and Roman. It's pretty easy to guess."

"And Remy's the dumbass in this group," I whispered to Emile, then swiftly scampered behind him as Remy hissed at me. 

"Patton! Why would you ever say that?!"

I shiftily glanced back at Remy, still grinning. "I dunno, it's kind of fun to mess around with you."

He scowled at me as I stuck my tongue out, smirking smugly. "Oh shut up," he muttered, crossing his arms. 

"Now now, let's be nice!" Emile protested, holding up his hands. "Okay?"

Remy rolled his eyes, staying silent except for the taps of his foot on the tile flooring. Emile smiled convincingly at both of us, pressing for a response. 

Finally I nodded. "I can't stay mad at anyone," I explained, slightly embarrassed, to Emile. "It's just... I don't know. It's hard for me, I guess."

"Yeah, you need to learn how to hold a grudge," Remy chided. "It's not good. You have to know how to be mad at someone, otherwise, people can and will take advantage."