Chapter 10

A/N hey loves sorry I haven't posted a chapter in a while I have been crazy busy and honestly forgot for a little while. Hope you enjoy this chapter xx -Lara

The tears flowed down her cheeks and dripped from her chin. She was too sad to cry out or wail, instead she just sat as still as a statue staring at the blank wall in front of her. Beca felt like the once bright, bubbly, and ambitious girl she used to be had gone and she was now left in a dark pit of dread and misery.
She had ended up staying at the Beales for a week before Ashley swept Beca of to a care home where she stayed with 12 other unfortunate children. Luckily the beales ended up not giving up on Beca and thought to get her to stay with them and they eventually achieved it, today was actually the day she was to go home with them.
Beca was pulled out of her train of thought when the big wooden door to the living room squeaked open and Mrs Beale walked in.
"Hey Beca" mrs Beale said softly "how have you been holding up?"
Beca didn't reply She didn't talk much anymore. Over the weeks she gradually became more reserved, distancing herself from others, fumbling for her words. It was as if she was afraid to utter a word. Only four weeks ago Beca was a happy social child but not anymore now she preferred to be alone, isolating herself in her room. She didn't dream her dreams anymore. She didn't want anything anymore. Nothing mattered, because she felt hopeless.
"Well..." mrs Beale sighed knowing no one had heard a word from Beca since she went to her fathers trial and that was two weeks ago "chloe and David are in the car we were going to get ice cream before we head home would you like that?" Again Beca said nothing instead just shrugged mrs Beale sighed and then gave Beca a soft smile before helping her with her bags.