chapter 5. quit being such a baby

Chapter five: quit being such a baby.

Jake raised his eyebrow. "I'm sorry, who're you?"

Of course he wouldn't remember me.

"Santa claus." I said, sarcastically and dryly.

  There was still a casual sarcastic conversation going on between Jake and I.  Quite frankly I kinda missed it, but then I remembered that he did stuff I wouldn't forget nor forgive him of.

I quietly sobbed to my best-friend, haylee. "I don't understand why he did this.."

Haylee gave a sympathetic smile and said, "maybe he used you as a distraction"

I sniffled. "For what?"

Haylee sighed.  "I think he used you because he had mixed feelings for you and the other chick"

I nodded, with glassy eyes. "Maybe you're right.."

  Haylee was my old best-friend.  But then she went away due to her father getting a new job.  We were both devastated to the point where when her car was roaring to life, I was screaming like a maniac.

Since then, I've learned not to get close with any other guy that I come in contact with, like ace.  I keep my distance from ace and jake.

"So.. besides this lovely conversation we're having here" Jake says, sarcastically. "What's your name?"

Well he hasn't changed one bit.  "Why should I tell you?"

He chuckles.  "Well, I have to know why a pretty girl like you ended up at my best-friends house."

I rolled my eyes. "In your dreams, lover boy"

I widened my eyes. Wait a second, ace and jake are.. what the hell.  Since when did this happen? And why the hell is ace best friends with Jake? I have so many questions right now.

"And I'd love to answer them, at dinner" he said, smirking proudly.

Oh, how I wish to pound him to the ground.  Oh well, only one can wish.

"Hm, let me think." I said, thinking deep in thought.  "Hell no"

Somebody started laughing from behind jake, and I quickly realized who it was by what the person said, "good job cupcake."

I rolled my eyes as ace laughed a bit more before him talking again, and saying, "you're the first girl who's turned him down like that" ace said, grinning. "I'm impressed"

I crossed my arms. "Yeah but I fell for his demise."

Ace raised his eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

I shook my head. "Nothing never mind."

Ace shrugged while jake spoke up, "I don't even know who she is."

Ace rolled his eyes, "of course you don't. You don't remember any girls name after one night"

Jake rolled his eyes while ace gestured me to come inside, and that I did.

Once I entered his house, I was stunned. I was beyond amazed by the beauty the house withholds. There was a chandelier above me that was twinkling like the midnight stars out in the dark navy night sky. The floor was marble while there was stairs leading upstairs, the stairs had a red rug or carpet on it and it looked like some model was doing their catwalk here. There were a few potted plants here and there which looked amazingly good with the decor they put up.