13.) Final Exams

The 3 days of written exams pass, and now it's the day of the physical part.

All of class 1-A is gathered in their superhero outfits outside of one of the fake areas built for the school. The whole class is faced with 8 teachers; Midnight, Aizawa, Cementoss, Snipe, Power Loader, Ectoplasm, Thirteen, and Present Mic.

"Now then, we begin the last test," Aizawa begins. "Remember it's possible to fail this final. If you want to go to camp then don't make any stupid mistakes."

"Uh, why are all the teachers here?" earplug girl asks.

"I expect many of you have gathered information, and I believe you have some idea of what you are faced with today," Aizawa says.

Kaminari interrupts. "We're fighting those big ol mega robots!"

"Fireworks. Smore's. Here we come!" Mina celebrates.

"Actually, this year's tests... will be completely different for various reasons!" Nezu says, shooting up from underneath Aizawa's scarf who's expression never changes as if it's a normal occurrence.

"Principal Nezu!" Jiro, Sero, and Ojiro shout surprised.

"You're changing things?!" Momo gasps.

"The tests now have a new focus," he says, climbing down using a part of Aizawa's scarf to get to the ground. "There will be hero work of course, but also teamwork and combat between actual people. So what does that mean for you? You students will be working together in pairs and your opponents will be one of our esteemed UA's teachers. Isn't that fabulous?!"

"We're fighting the teachers?!" Ochaco cries out.

"Additionally, your opponents have already been chosen. They were determined based on my discretion and various factors including fighting style, grades, and relationships. Yaoyorozu and Todoroki are a team...against me," Aizawa says with a grin. "Then we have Midoriya grouped with Bakugo Katsuki. Your opponent is..."

He is cut off by All Might landing loudly in front of them. "I am here to fight!" he declares.

"We're up against All Might?!" Deku and Katsuki exclaim.

"You'll have to work together if you want to win," All Might grins.

The two look at each other; Bakugo in anger and annoyance, and Midoriya with fright. All Might chuckles.

"Alright, I'm gonna announce the teams in the order you'll go," Aizawa says. "Kirishima and Sato against Cementoss, Asui and Tokoyami against Ectoplasm, Iida and Ojiro against Power Loader, Todoroki and Yaoyorozu against me, Uraraka and Aoyama against Thirteen, Ashido and Kaminari against Nezu, Koda and Bakugo Kaida against Present Mic, Shoji and Jiro against Snipe, Mineta and Sero against Midnight, Midoriya and Bakugo against All Might."

All the teachers pitch in to explain the rules to them before Aizawa rereads the list once more for good measure before they head inside to get ready. All the groups head off to think through plans to win. Katsuki goes off on his own, leaving Midoriya to head to the Monitor Room to watch everyone's battles. Sitting in a chair is Recovery Girl.

"Good luck, Bakubabe!" Kirishima calls out as he heads off to his exam.

She ignores him and heads off with her quiet partner into a room. They sit at a table across from each other. Kaida crosses her arms and looks at her timid partner, leaning back in her seat. He's shaking like a leaf, avoiding her gaze.

"Can't say I've ever noticed you being a part of our class," Kaida finally speaks up after a few minutes, making the boy squeak and flinch. "You really don't talk much, do you? Can you talk at all? What even is your quirk?"