Backtrack

(Y/n)'s pov

I found a shortcut and used it to get to the back of the pack. I began to jog on the route again towards the finish when I noticed the two Karasuno setters bickering over something. 

"That doesn't look too good Sugawara," the younger boy said. 

"It doesn't hurt," Sugawara laughed it off. "Well not really," He rubbed the back of his neck. 

I quietly walked over by them and commented, "The heck happened to you?" The two boys jumped at my sudden appearance. 

"He tripped and somehow cut himself," Kageyama 'I think that's his name.' said. 

I crouched down and investigated it more closely, "Yeah that looks like it hurts. Can you run on it?"

"I don't know. Maybe?"

"I wouldn't," Kageyama said. 

"Why don't you run ahead and notify one of the coaches," I instructed, "I'll help out Sugawara." Kageyama nodded and began to run off. "We should probably bandage that," I pointed at his cut, "And disinfecting it would be a good idea." I looked around the area until I spotted a particular shop, "I know the owner there so I'll go see if he has anything, you stay here." 

"Okay. Thanks."

I began to walk toward the convenience store, "Good morning Mr. Sato," I greeted him as I entered.

"Oh (f/n)-san hello, hello!" He came and gave me a quick hug, "What're you doing here," He asked. 

"I'm attending a volleyball setter camp and one of the other players got injured on our run. I was wondering if you had some bandages to spare."

"I believe I do," He said as he went behind the counter and rummaged through a few drawers. "Here you go (f/n)," Mr. Sato gave me a roll, "Take care!" 

"You too," I said as I exited the shop and went back to Sugawara. I crouched down and began to wrap the cut on his leg. 

"So how do you know the man who works there," He asked. 

"Family friend," I replied, focusing on wrapping his injury. "All done," I said looking at my handiwork, "Pretty crappy in my opinion but that'll just be till we get back." I glanced down at my watch, "Welp we have 7 minutes to get back."

"You should go ahead, I'll just hold you back."

"If I leave you we have to run extra later," I reminded him. I couldn't really think of anything else to get us both back in time so I told him my idea, "I could carry you back on my back." 

"That's not a great idea."

"Do you have something better?" He shook his head. I faced my back to him and said, "I'll count you down and on 3 just jump onto my back. Okay?" 

"Okay."

"1...2...3!" He jumped and I wrapped my arms under his legs.  "Wow you're pretty light for as tall as you are," I commented. 

"Thanks?" I began to jog quietly towards the finish. 

Sugawara's pov

'This is so embarassing.' I had my hands clasped in front of her for safety. I tried to get a look at (y/n)'s expression but I couldn't see. 

Soon enough we were back at the school and (y/n) put me down. She put my arm over her shoulder and said, "We're almost there." Kageyama came outside with one of the coaches who took a look at the injury.

"Can you take Sugawara-san to the infirmary?" She nodded and we began to make our way there. 

"Thanks," I said quietly.

"No problem." We walked the rest of the way to the infirmary in silence but after leaving me with the trainer she said, "Hope you feel better soon."